Man City v Tottenham - September 10th - 17:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Throughout the 90s I used to tip up on the day to White Hart Lane and pay at the turnstiles...... Only games you couldn't get were Man U and Woolwich.

Juniors were 7 quid in Paxton Road.

Me and a few mates used to decide to go sometimes as late as 1 o clock, walk to the ground (about 45mins) with a few tins of beer , get tickets from the ticket office watch the game, get a few more tins on the way home moaning about how shit we were 😂

As it's Leicester, good chance it will go ahead, if it was Woolwich etc no way police would be able to provide enough cover.
Another story going around that game might be switched to be played at Leicester , less police would be needed smaller stadium .
I see Rangers v Napoli put back a day and no away supporters allowed , same goes for the home game for Napoli just imagine how many Rangers fans are going to turn up in Naples anyway, ticketless.

I don’t think there’s any need to postpone next weekends fixtures. If the police can manage their bit then the clubs and everyone else can. We saw what a nightmare it was scheduling games after covid cancellations so it’ll be even worse with the World Cup break this season.
Personally I don’t think they needed to cancel this weekends games and I say that as a royalist. The queen was very much a ‘keep calm and carry on‘ type of person and she wouldn’t have wanted things called off.

As it's Leicester, good chance it will go ahead, if it was Woolwich etc no way police would be able to provide enough cover.
Another story going around that game might be switched to be played at Leicester , less police would be needed smaller stadium .
I see Rangers v Napoli put back a day and no away supporters allowed , same goes for the home game for Napoli just imagine how many Rangers fans are going to turn up in Naples anyway, ticketless.
Not just less Police, it frees up the Met Police

Im Not No Way GIF

Surely just add an extra week at the end of the season. If they can move everything around for a corrupt world Cup then they can move it around for a round of postponed games.
I read that this can't be done. There are European finals then internationals, similar to end of last season

Confirmation, if ever it was needed, that the postponement of last weekend's sport was only for us plebs. Thousands of kids around the country weren't allowed to play football.

"Meanwhile, Eton College has been criticised for playing two games with Lancashire’s Rossall School on Saturday — contravening the FA’s decision to postpone all fixtures over the weekend as a mark of respect following the Queen’s passing."

Confirmation, if ever it was needed, that the postponement of last weekend's sport was only for us plebs. Thousands of kids around the country weren't allowed to play football.

"Meanwhile, Eton College has been criticised for playing two games with Lancashire’s Rossall School on Saturday — contravening the FA’s decision to postpone all fixtures over the weekend as a mark of respect following the Queen’s passing."

That's within a public school presumably within their own grounds and not under the FA jurisdiction. The reason kids football was called off (where I live anyway) was because of the council not letting the matches take place on their land. So it is a completely different. My surprise if that it is an article in the Mail and not the Guardian!

Ffs little runts can’t even play football. Stick to rugger

Proper kids football was pulled across the board and not down to councils, first game of the season for most after a wank year of covid

Last edited:
That's within a public school presumably within their own grounds and not under the FA jurisdiction. The reason kids football was called off (where I live anyway) was because of the council not letting the matches take place on their land. So it is a completely different. My surprise if that it is an article in the Mail and not the Guardian!
No. All school's football come under the FA, including Eton.

I read that this can't be done. There are European finals then internationals, similar to end of last season
I think it can be done if they want it to. Don't see what harm pushing everything at the end of the season back an extra week. I bet if you lined a few people's pockets it would be doable. Just ask the Qatari people they'll tell you how it's done.

FA had heavies patrolling all local parks and playing fields this past weekend just to make sure that all children were at sombrely sat at home contemplating their deep sadness, heard anybody engaged in a kick about had their balls popped with a biro...

Back
Top Bottom