Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to see him totally out of form, a real legend for us but looks a bit broken down at the moment. Maybe trying to hard I don’t know.

Son is a confidence player. When he’s on top form and confident, he’s almost unplayable but right now, he’s as bad as I’ve ever seen him in a Spurs shirt. That breakaway we with Perisic on the left and Kane/Kulu on his right, he made the worst decision possible which was essentially nothing. He just kept running until he ran into a player. It’s gotta be Richy/Kane/Kulu on Sat based on current form
Agree with this. Maybe some time on the bench will do him good and get him back into form. Something needs to change, but we shouldn't apply pressure on him. Just give him some time on the bench and watch him hopefully return to his best.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Hard to see him totally out of form, a real legend for us but looks a bit broken down at the moment. Maybe trying to hard I don’t know.
It's certainly an odd one. I don't think anyone on here can complain about his effort.. he is trying. It's just his execution/delivery on the pitch from a techilnical sense that is lacking right now.

Even last season when he went a run of games with bad form, he was still creating chances and able to score goals. Essentially he was still massively contributing to the team even when off form. But this season he has just been off form and hardly contributing.

I firmly believe he will come back into form.. but it's more a case of when.

It's certainly an odd one. I don't think anyone on here can complain about his effort.. he is trying. It's just his execution/delivery on the pitch from a techilnical sense that is lacking right now.

Even last season when he went a run of games with bad form, he was still creating chances and able to score goals. Essentially he was still massively contributing to the team even when off form. But this season he has just been off form and hardly contributing.

I firmly believe he will come back into form.. but it's more a case of when.
We have other options. Even if he's on form, Kulu and Rich as almost just as good and they offer the physicality and all around game that Son doesn't. It's the Champions League so if you can't get yourself up and ready to go (like Richie / Kulu), get GTFO and sit your ass on the bench.

I thought he was OK tonight. Some much better touches and control tonight and kane should of played that ball back to him in the first half. I think city should be the game he gets his goal.

This 'play him into form' argument is such bollocks.

We were forced to do that previously as we had no alternatives but we now have Kulu and Richy, who have both been miles better than Son this season.

He needs to be dropped and he can find his form on the training ground.

And who knows it could be that coming on at 70 mins against tired legs gives him a better chance of scoring and he gains confidence that way.

He shouldn't start on Sat but we know he will. Lisbon away will be the first time he is rotated.

And who knows it could be that coming on at 70 mins against tired legs gives him a better chance of scoring and he gains confidence that way.
100%. i actually think he would be a devastating impact sub against a side for last 20 mins. let the actual footballers kulu, rich and kane, grind a team down and wear them down then bring son on to run at the tired legs. if the oppo are already behind they will end up getting thumped.

his goals per min ratio would go through the roof.

100%. i actually think he would be a devastating impact sub against a side for last 20 mins. let the actual footballers kulu, rich and kane, grind a team down and wear them down then bring son on to run at the tired legs. if the oppo are already behind they will end up getting thumped.

his goals per min ratio would go through the roof.
thing with Son is he can still give those bursts of speed after 90mins.

It seems every season we have the same debate, as he goes through a dry spell. People say he's not enjoying his football, well he's not scoring and setting up much, it doesn't mean he's unhappy.

He won us a penalty last night, which was 100% down to his speed. Few in our team could have done that. I say stick with im for city. We have others to come on if necessary, he'll still cause their defence trouble... I expect he'll come out of his dry patch with a hatrick. He seems to be all or nothing

Id still start him v City, I just think it has to click soon and he has had some great performances against them. We need him up and running.

"has to click soon" - but for how long does other squad and team results have to suffer?

We are 7 games into the season and it has improved bit (Fulham game seemed better) but how long are you willing to take dump on other players whose form would justify playing time more?

Was very good vs Fulham, fairly poor in most other games. For me the decision to make on Saturday should be between Son and Richarlison.. personally I'd go with Son because of his history vs and suitability for playing vs City. Be brave and early in substituting on Richarlison if need be, who can be a real wrecking ball and game changer from the bench. If it was any other game I'd be dropping Son, but his skillset is designed for this fixture. I think for Conte it'll be between Kulusevski and Richarlison.

thing with Son is he can still give those bursts of speed after 90mins.

It seems every season we have the same debate, as he goes through a dry spell. People say he's not enjoying his football, well he's not scoring and setting up much, it doesn't mean he's unhappy.

He won us a penalty last night, which was 100% down to his speed. Few in our team could have done that. I say stick with im for city. We have others to come on if necessary, he'll still cause their defence trouble... I expect he'll come out of his dry patch with a hatrick. He seems to be all or nothing

This is spot on..... Heard the same thing every season along with "it's like playing with 10 men if he's not scoring" etc. etc.

I'm not saying play him indefinitely, but I have no concern in the longer term.

Ditto; I too would play him against City.

This is spot on..... Heard the same thing every season along with "it's like playing with 10 men if he's not scoring" etc. etc.

I'm not saying play him indefinitely, but I have no concern in the longer term.

Ditto; I too would play him against City.
where we have an advantage this year is others to chip in with goals. If we play him against City they will sure as hell be worried about him. It's like playing Harry, some teams double up, making space elsewhere. Son is a good lad and will come good. Always does, to say otherwise is pure madness.

Back
Top Bottom