Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're in their heads! They've got a thread devoted to TFC now - and it's more popular than the match thread :)

giphy.gif

We should have a statue to Roger Milford outside WHL haha!!

I've got a Forest supporting mate and 31 years later he's still going on about him!!!

No.
"In 1983 the first live match from the Football League since 1960 was screened on ITV: Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest.
In 1960 the first live broadcast from the Football League was made by ITV when Blackpool played Bolton Wanderers at Bloomfield Road; the match kicked-off at 6:50pm, but the live broadcast didn't start until 7:30pm to allow fans who attended a 3pm kick-off to view the match at home."

History Of Football On TV
Yeah I knew there were games on in the early/mid 60's... I should have said 'in my time ' or something similar ... But hey, why let pedanticity get in the way of a story.. but alls well that ends well

I’m expecting them to come at us full pelt in the first half. Not expecting us to do much at all in the first half like usual . Probably won’t even hit a shot on target . We could even go 1 nill down… then second half I think we hit them on them on the counter attack and catch them out. Could end up 2-1 winners .

I’m expecting them to come at us full pelt in the first half. Not expecting us to do much at all in the first half like usual . Probably won’t even hit a shot on target . We could even go 1 nill down… then second half I think we hit them on them on the counter attack and catch them out. Could end up 2-1 winners .

Early goal for us would be lovely.

That is not a sustainable way of playing through a season. It basically heaps extra pressure on in the 2nd half not only to draw level but to get the winner. Why waste 45 minutes like we have done so often for the last 3 years and then try to actually play in the 2nd half. If we have the ability to donor in the 2nd half we can surely do it from the off.
Don’t see many of our rivals playing like that, they attack from the off especially against lower half teams or promoted trans. You know they will be fired up at home so we can’t afford to be lame.

Important game considering the rest of the big 6 won their games yesterday. We’ve got a string of 3 games we really should be getting full points before CL starts and we’ve got City and Woolwich in there too

Really have no idea what to expect with Forest they have signed so many players that it could be a brutal game or a very easy one depending on how they integrate.

That is not a sustainable way of playing through a season. It basically heaps extra pressure on in the 2nd half not only to draw level but to get the winner. Why waste 45 minutes like we have done so often for the last 3 years and then try to actually play in the 2nd half. If we have the ability to donor in the 2nd half we can surely do it from the off.
Don’t see many of our rivals playing like that, they attack from the off especially against lower half teams or promoted trans. You know they will be fired up at home so we can’t afford to be lame.
It's not sustainable, as you say, not over the season.

It's OK to want new, inexperienced and stupidly attacking teams like NF come at you, but then you need your A-game in terms of counterattacking going on. Quick breaks, loads of dedicated runners for each opportunity. Investing into that.

Just sitting back for 45 mins+ seeing how randomly the game unfolds, that is not how top teams do business.

Oh I totally agree. It’s not sustainable but it seems to be the pattern last season and it’s carrying on this season by the looks of it.

Anyone know which tv channel it's on?

It's okay I found out online.

''The game will be broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Ultra HDR, with coverage starting at 4pm before a 4.30pm BST kick-off.''

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom