Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bored and couldn't get back to sleep - I just read some of the comments on that Forest forum, they repetitively refer to Leicester as being our main rivals.
Is that what passes for humour in Nottingham?

“ the long winter nights must just fly by”

We're in their heads! They've got a thread devoted to TFC now - and it's more popular than the match thread :)

giphy.gif

There’s a lot wrong with modern football, but following some of the matches on the radio yesterday I have to acknowledge just how crazy and entertaining the prem can be.

Today’s game is another example. We’re up against a proper club with a huge history emerging from the doldrums but who can honestly say who they’re going to be playing and how they’ll set themselves up. Another, quite different challenge for Conte this week.

I hope we show our attacking quality after a couple quiet weeks and can picture Deki, Kane and Ivan picking up where they left off in the second half against Wolves and causing havoc. No idea though, cliché alert, there are no easy games in this league. Well maybe Bournemouth. Excited today , but no idea what to expect.

I get the feeling that Conte will stick to the same XI who have started all season. I would prefer it if Sonny was to be rested and Richarlison starts. I would also like to see Bentacur paired up with Bissouma. I would also like to see a change in formation to play 3-4-1-2 with Harry Kane slotting in behind a front two of Richalison and Kulusevski

From an atmosphere point of view I feel this will be a tough match. I have hope that we will create a few decent chances, I mean if West Ham can cause them problems then I think we will. Gonna say Conte will stick with the same team, then might see some rotation in the week due to being a 3 game week.

I don't mind Forest as a club, but what bugs me with their fans is that they bang on about the trophies they won in the past and how they laugh at our recent record but do they not forget they've spent the last 20 odd years playing in the lower divisions and being absolute shite for a long period of that.

I swear if we start slowly and allow Forest to come onto us, I'm going to throw the dog at the telly.

If the commentator utters the words:

"Spurs seem surprised by the intensity shown by Forest"...

then we'll have fallen into the trap again and we should really know better.

Everyone and his dog knows Forest will be fired up for this as we're probably considered the hardest team they've played so far since they've be back in the Premier League so there should be no surprise that they're going to have a go.

If we start on the front foot and match their intensity then we'll win.

If we do our usual plodding about for the first half, then we're going to make life very difficult for ourselves and then it's a roll of the dice over the result.

From an atmosphere point of view I feel this will be a tough match. I have hope that we will create a few decent chances, I mean if West Ham can cause them problems then I think we will. Gonna say Conte will stick with the same team, then might see some rotation in the week due to being a 3 game week.

I don't mind Forest as a club, but what bugs me with their fans is that they bang on about the trophies they won in the past and how they laugh at our recent record but do they not forget they've spent the last 20 odd years playing in the lower divisions and being absolute shite for a long period of that.
Or that we've won trophies more recently than them. Our recent record is laughable, but it's better than theirs.

Last edited:
I swear if we start slowly and allow Forest to come onto us, I'm going to throw the dog at the telly.

Everyone and his dog knows Forest will be fired up for this as we're probably considered the hardest team they've played so far since they've be back in the Premier League so there should be no surprise that they're going to have a go.

If we start on the front foot and match their intensity then we'll win.

If we do our usual plodding about for the first half, then we're going to make life very difficult for ourselves and then it's a roll of the dice over the result.
...or just throw the telly at the dog!!!

Nottingham forest V spurs match thread

I urge you all to read through this match thread on the Nottingham forest Forum. Quite funny.

A spurs fan called Brian has invaded and is giving them some shit, they all despise Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and they even had a little dig at cretinousgoat cretinousgoat 👀👀

What a time to be alive

They’re not without humour:

Forest need to show them fuck all respect and simply continue to make progress, that'll do. Remember these games we're effectively still at pre season. Don't judge just yet. These games against mid table prem teams are the litmus test for the future.

:bentley::bentley::bentley:

This has probably been posted and I have missed it , wouldn’t be the first time, but seems unlucky in the extreme to me. It’s been there for all to see for months but only just struck me how harsh it seems

We played Chelsea away , we have West Ham away , Man City away Woolwich away , Man Utd away , before eventually getting a home game against Liverpool early Nov . If we stay in contention second half of the season at home should be phenomenal atmosphere

Edit , no idea why in bold😃

COYS 3 points today please

Last edited:
Have a lot of time for Nottingham - the city & the people. My missus grew up there from age 5-18 & her mum still lived there when we met.
My gooner mate (who passed away in 2019 RIP) was living there.
Have spent quite a bit of time there and love a wander along the Trent. The city has some great pubs & clubs.
Always had a soft spot for their football clubs too.
County because they’re the oldest & Forest because they were on fire when I was really getting into my football in the late 70’s.
And Cloughie. Can’t mention Forest without Cloughie.
Oh, & the missus’ son is off there to study at uni in a couple of weeks time !
Today, all that fondness will disappear until after the match. We’re watching it here in Benidorm (surprisingly nice compared to how I remembered it) & the missus will be supporting Forest.
Let battle commence.
But afterwards, I will still have the same soft spot for the city.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom