Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's used many. The idea is that potentially an attacking mid would give us the option of using 3-5-2. Doesn't appear to be a pressing concern, might be something he's open to for all we know, the rest of the window will show us I guess.

Conte didn't have Kane at Juve, Chelsea or Inter.
He can literally swap between 343 and 352 in game with no need to change the players.
And if that doesn't work he can swap back. Without changing the players.

There should be more clubs in for Winks, played for England, played in the champions league. One of the newly promoted sides or the bottom sides should be in for him.

Indeed. We will be a very attractive prospect and I fancy our chances at the title this season.

City have just lost Sterling (17 goals, 9 assists) and Jesus (13 goals, 12 assists). Is Halaand going to replace this goals? Add to this Mahrez and De Bryne are now 31. I don't fancy Haaland, Foden, Greilish as being anywhere near as good as the players they are replacing.

Liverpool losing Mane and Firmino; and will need to transition to a new system up top, with the loss of Mane likely to have a big impact.

Kane / Son / Kulu is the best front 3 in the league; and we have expanded our ability to provide service to them with Peresic and Spence; as well as having 2 excellent ball playing CBs in Lenglet and Romero.

City haven't "lost" Jesus and Stirling. They've replaced them.
Liverpool haven't "lost" Mane and Firminho (Firminho hasn't actually gone as yet) - they've replaced them.

Remains to be seen how the new forwards at each club perform but chances are, they will do well. They're not hit and hope Jansens. They're players who have scored consistently for multiple seasons. Albeit in different leagues.

There should be more clubs in for Winks, played for England, played in the champions league. One of the newly promoted sides or the bottom sides should be in for him.

He's shit and they're struggling to find any youtube video's that can even create the illusion he's decent.

Liverpool haven't "lost" Mane and Firminho (Firminho hasn't actually gone as yet) - they've replaced them.

Remains to be seen how the new forwards at each club perform but chances are, they will do well. They're not hit and hope Jansens. They're players who have scored consistently for multiple seasons. Albeit in different leagues.

He's shit and they're struggling to find any youtube video's that can even create the illusion he's decent.
He's good enough for those sides definitely.

My point was, that Sterling/Jesus contributed 30 goals and 21 assists last season. Will Greilsh / Haaland get those sort of numbers? Will Haaland be fit? He missed 16 games last season with muscle problems. When he is out; who is going to play CF for City? Greilish/Fodon/Mahrez?

Mane netted 23 last season for Liverpool and has arguably been their best player for the past few seasons. Will Diaz match those numbers?

Given the number of employees at Spurs, I don't doubt that there are many people that will have access to information outside of the public domain.

Contracts need to be written up, medicals need to be booked in, flights, scouting packs.

However, its very unlikely that anyone with regular access to the type of info these ITK's post would be leaking it to a forum. It suggests they have access to negotiations - which unless they have tapped Parcini or Levy's phone; they certainly don't.

Players we are following is hardly a secret. Taking a look at the list of games that Spurs senior scouts attend gives a good indication as to what players we are tracking.

My mate works at the Telegraph. They have contacts at each of the clubs, but for the most part this is all official - i.e. the clubs approve the release of the information. If they ever were to print something that pissed off the club they would lose access to future work - so they don't bite the hand that feeds them!

I think it is fair to say that since Partici came in; the genuine ITK has all but gone - and most of them are just taking educated guesses based on what is already public knowledge.

Yeah I agree. I think a lot of them got info from Hitchen as since he’s gone it really has dried up. Similarly for some journalists. Eg. Matt Law. Whilst others like McGrath have seen their coverage increase, although his leaks seem like being from agents.

Paratici is obviously going to be closer to Italian journalists so that is where things are most likely to leak out from.

The peak time for itk was under redknapp and we all know why. He loves a chat!

My point was, that Sterling/Jesus contributed 30 goals and 21 assists last season. Will Greilsh / Haaland get those sort of numbers? Will Haaland be fit? He missed 16 games last season with muscle problems. When he is out; who is going to play CF for City? Greilish/Fodon/Mahrez?

Mane netted 23 last season for Liverpool and has arguably been their best player for the past few seasons. Will Diaz match those numbers?

City also signed the Brazilian kid. I know nothing about him but get the feeling he's rather well thought of.
There's no guarantee anyone will stay fit. Rival fans miss the fact Kane missed chunks of seasons and we still did well overal.

Liverpool brought Dias in in January and Nunes now. They're stacked up top the same as us.
They're still a bit low on quality numbers at the back though. VVD gets a knock and they'll feel it.

I just don't see those 2 teams as weaker for the players they've sold.
As yet, it remains to be seen if they're stronger though. They could just stay the same. Even then, we'd need to be going some to catch them!

Grealish is going to have to step up. I really don’t think he is good enough.plenty of failures from the Bundesliga . No space in behind the opposition defence when you play for City.

Grealish is going to have to step up. I really don’t think he is good enough.plenty of failures from the Bundesliga . No space in behind the opposition defence when you play for City.
I think Grealish is really talented and potent. The huge price tag and bad integration into the team made him anonymous last season, but if he assimilates than Haaland is really going to enjoy having him behind him

Back
Top Bottom