Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently City don't want to pay £50m for Cucurella. Only £40m.

IMO, we should offer the same £40m and let him stay at Brighton on loan for a season. Next season we can either bench Perisic or sell Sess and have a RWB rotation of Cucurella and Perisic or Cucurella and Sess.

Also denies a rival one of new top talented FBs in the league.

IMO, we should offer the same £40m and let him stay at Brighton on loan for a season. Next season we can either bench Perisic or sell Sess and have a RWB rotation of Cucurella and Perisic or Cucurella and Sess.

2A8.gif

Quick question…is there any ITK that people on here take notice of or is it all deemed bullshite?
Dunno, I quite like reading it but don't tend to believe much of it although some of it must be genuine I reckon. Hercules is the only one that annoys me a little because it's so obviously bollocks and he doesn't say anything that anyone else could say.

Just don't take it seriously really, don't understand why people get so excited or upset about it...it's just hearsay/gossip/bullshit, a bit of fun and harmless as far as I'm concerned.

you know it makes sense. There aren't many decent LWBs around in world football. Perisic is old and only a 2 year contract, we'll be looking for a LWB pretty soon.

I hear you about IP only being a short-term fix.......

.....And of course your idea sounds mighty appealing from a Spurs P.O.V.

Quick question…is there any ITK that people on here take notice of or is it all deemed bullshite?

Given the number of employees at Spurs, I don't doubt that there are many people that will have access to information outside of the public domain.

Contracts need to be written up, medicals need to be booked in, flights, scouting packs.

However, its very unlikely that anyone with regular access to the type of info these ITK's post would be leaking it to a forum. It suggests they have access to negotiations - which unless they have tapped Parcini or Levy's phone; they certainly don't.

Players we are following is hardly a secret. Taking a look at the list of games that Spurs senior scouts attend gives a good indication as to what players we are tracking.

My mate works at the Telegraph. They have contacts at each of the clubs, but for the most part this is all official - i.e. the clubs approve the release of the information. If they ever were to print something that pissed off the club they would lose access to future work - so they don't bite the hand that feeds them!

I think it is fair to say that since Partici came in; the genuine ITK has all but gone - and most of them are just taking educated guesses based on what is already public knowledge.

Why would Cucurella agree for that though. We won't even offer higher wages.

You've got to be in it to win it and I don't see any point in writing off our chances before either a bid has been made or a move has been discussed with the player.

I think players have to consider other factors when choosing a club besides money and prior success like compatibility, how they get on with the manager, coaches, training facilities, local area, other players, role in team, style of play etc. It's not a given that a player would prefer Man City to us over all of those considerations.

At the end of the day, we have a world class manager and we're only a few players away from a title challenge. We should be going for the best players instead of saying "Oh, Man City want him. That's us out of the running".

Personally, I think the opportunity to be part of a title winning team that hasn't won the league for over 60 years has the potential to be a lot more rewarding than winning the league with a club that has won it 4 times in the last 5 years. Which is making the bigger mark in Premier League history? Which is putting the bigger dent in the universe? Which club will give him true hero status if he succeeds?

You've got to be in it to win it and I don't see any point in writing off our chances before either a bid has been made or a move has been discussed with the player.

I think players have to consider other factors when choosing a club besides money and prior success like compatibility, how they get on with the manager, coaches, training facilities, local area, other players, role in team, style of play etc. It's not a given that a player would prefer Man City to us over all of those considerations.

At the end of the day, we have a world class manager and we're only a few players away from a title challenge. We should be going for the best players instead of saying "Oh, Man City want him. That's us out of the running".

Personally, I think the opportunity to be part of a title winning team that hasn't won the league for over 60 years has the potential to be a lot more rewarding than winning the league with a club that has won it 4 times in the last 5 years. Which is making the bigger mark in Premier League history? Which is putting the bigger dent in the universe? Which club will give him true hero status if he succeeds?

Indeed. We will be a very attractive prospect and I fancy our chances at the title this season.

City have just lost Sterling (17 goals, 9 assists) and Jesus (13 goals, 12 assists). Is Halaand going to replace this goals? Add to this Mahrez and De Bryne are now 31. I don't fancy Haaland, Foden, Greilish as being anywhere near as good as the players they are replacing.

Liverpool losing Mane and Firmino; and will need to transition to a new system up top, with the loss of Mane likely to have a big impact.

Kane / Son / Kulu is the best front 3 in the league; and we have expanded our ability to provide service to them with Peresic and Spence; as well as having 2 excellent ball playing CBs in Lenglet and Romero.

Well if City won't pay is he just gonna sit around hoping? They'll probably get a different LB. With us, he gets his big move and a chance to continue to build experience, and Brighton get to keep a star player a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom