Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toxic trauma hound(s)..... Zero suprise who's presence has ramped up ans is leading the charge.
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Actually, if you bothered to FUCKING READ what was said...Conte said the club wanted to sign him, and he gave it the approval because he could see that Spence could be a really important player.

The only difference with this transfer is that the club/Levy suggested it first.

How is that signing Spence without his say so!

Fuck sake - those of you jumping on this need to learn to fucking read. End of discussion
If Conte had wanted him he would have said so.. ' feta accompli' springs to mind.. weeks b4 weeks b4 a season starts he gets a player he never asked for... NOT a good thing...

Wow, this protracted Spence transfer certainly has brought out a different side to certain people...

People clearly DON'T like being told to wait for anything any more... and as a result, react badly when having to!

If Conte had wanted him he would have said so.. ' feta accompli' springs to mind.. weeks b4 weeks b4 a season starts he gets a player he never asked for... NOT a good thing...

If he didn't want him he wouldn't have publicly approved the signing.

Jeeeeez, :contefacepalm2:

If Conte didn't want him he would of said "No" and the player wouldn't have been signed.

"Fait accompli" ????????
The negotiations have been going on for months. I'm sure Conte might of heard a whisper or two about it before the deal was done.

Not at all. I'm merely pointing out that while our previous managers all bemoaned the fact that players were brought in against their judgment, we were hoping that with Antonio this disturbing trend was finally ending.

After all, I was as loud and enthusiastic as anyone with the signing of Richarlison.

But you can't just pretend he never said it, mate.....Or start crying if someone else highlights it..
in fact there was no pressure on him to say anything like that at all!
I was going to reply, but it looks like cretinousgoat cretinousgoat stevee stevee and others pretty much covered it.

As they said, it may not have been a player Conte identified first, but gave the ok when the club asked him. So he was sanctioned by Conte.

Keep trying...

If Conte didn't want him he would of said "No" and the player wouldn't have been signed.

"Fait accompli" ????????
The negotiations have been going on for months. I'm sure Conte might of heard a whisper or two about it before the deal was done.

"Feta Accompli, Rodders...... Feta Accompli" :harrylol:

The expression is French not Greek. « Fait accompli ».

By the way, Greece must be the most underwhelming Mediterranean country. France, Italy and Spain produce world class wine, pork, and cheese in stylish surroundings. Greece has all the same potential and produces shit like feta, gyro and Faliraki. Huge unfulfilled potential. Dissolve the country and start again.

I was going to reply, but it looks like cretinousgoat cretinousgoat stevee stevee and others pretty much covered it.

As they said, it may not have been a player Conte identified first, but gave the ok when the club asked him. So he was sanctioned by Conte.

Keep trying...
Not a case of 'trying ' just a difference of opinion... Me, I think there's every chance that when the squads streched, Conte will be thinkin what if they'de spent the Spence Mils and wages on someone or a position I actually highlighted ... But hey one thing we can agree on is , let's hope Spence comes in and kicks arse...

Not a case of 'trying ' just a difference of opinion...

Not everything is a matter of "opinion".

Me, I think there's every chance that when the squads streched, Conte will be thinkin what if they'de spent the Spence Mils and wages on someone or a position I actually highlighted ...

Unless Conte requested someone else that WAS available(*) then this is completely moot.

(*......And you certainly don't know this to be the case. Nor is it a logical assumption.)

Is it simplistic to think that "club purchase" means that the club had been following him for some time (Steve Hitchen says hi!) and that he was part of some sort of "Ones we are watching" dossier that was passed to Paratici and Conte when they joined?

I mean the slate doesn't get wiped completely clean when a new team come in, there are obviously ongoing projects they get to look at and proceed with or scrap as they see fit.

What's more, as is mentioned above, these are a couple of words in an a long interview with a man speaking a second language. Do you think that foreign speakers of any language are able to compute all possible nuances and interpretations of every phrase they use and how they might play out on internet forums in a split-second?

By the way, Greece must be the most underwhelming Mediterranean country. France, Italy and Spain produce world class wine, pork, and cheese in stylish surroundings. Greece has all the same potential and produces shit like feta, gyro and Faliraki. Huge unfulfilled potential. Dissolve the country and start again.
Wow. A Frenchman calling another country underwhelming. You're clearly talking complete bollocks since you think a town in Rhodes is food and if your description of Greek food is actually based on just eating in Faliraki then maybe education yourself a bit more.

Cracking islands to get pissed up in though💪

Feta is awesome, especially with watermelon and fresh mint leaves.

Gyros are also awesome, i prefer lamb, but i've only had Greek-American versions, never an authentic one in Greece, so i'm not sure how much different they are (if at all).

Back
Top Bottom