Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope you're right, obviously.

Would have been more reassuring if Conte had shown a little more enthusiasm rather than the half hearted acceptance on show.

Smacks of Mourinho/Rodon and Poch/Clarke though.

Time will tell, I guess

:dierpochhug:
Hmmm. First cracks starting to appear?

:contetellmemore:

We've been down this well trodden path before. Slightly concerning 😟

Scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something to blame Levy/ENIC for, aren't we?

He gives an entire interview where he says how happy he is at Spurs and how he is looking forward to the project, hints at probably being here for a while, and this is what your takeaway is??? That it might all come crumbling down because ONE of the 6 players we bought was a club purchase?

I mean, ffs...

Scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something to blame Levy/ENIC for, aren't we?

He gives an entire interview where he says how happy he is at Spurs and how he is looking forward to the project, hints at probably being here for a while, and this is what your takeaway is??? That it might all come crumbling down because ONE of the 6 players we bought was a club purchase?

I mean, ffs...
Not at all. I'm merely pointing out that while our previous managers all bemoaned the fact that players were brought in against their judgment, we were hoping that with Antonio this disturbing trend was finally ending.

After all, I was as loud and enthusiastic as anyone with the signing of Richarlison.

But you can't just pretend he never said it, mate.....Or start crying if someone else highlights it..
in fact there was no pressure on him to say anything like that at all!

Since selling Walker we bought Aurier, Doherty, Emerson. If there aren't obvious elite RWBs available, maybe going back to young English talent isn't the worst idea.
Liverpool did it with Andy Robertson, albeit he's not English, but he's the example to show that if the talent is there and the right mindset, these players can make the step up if given the opportunity.

Liverpool did it with Andy Robertson, albeit he's not English, but he's the example to show that if the talent is there and the right mindset, these players can make the step up if given the opportunity.
Andy Robertson had 2 full Premier League seasons under his belt and was already a regular international by the time Liverpool signed him when Hull went down...not really the same.

You really don't have much of a clue about anything, do you?
no-let-me-think.gif

nope.gif

...although there are probably nicer ways to point it out to someone not as clued up as yourself!

In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have UPPER CASED part of my reply... Did come across a tad harsh, admittedly!

Andy Robertson had 2 full Premier League seasons under his belt and was already a regular international by the time Liverpool signed him when Hull went down...not really the same.
True, although it's still a fair step up from Hull, battling and losing to relegation, to Liverpool and being integral to winning titles and CL's.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on him being a full international at the time either, Scotland weren't exactly pulling up trees at that time.

Nevertheless, you could also look at the likes of Jarryd Bowen as a further example of the talent being there at lower leagues who can step up.

We've all seen that Spence can play at a high level from his cup appearances with Forest, it just remains to be seen if he can do it consistently at the highest level, but it appears he has the ability.

Maybe try fucking Google, try typing Conte and Traore in the search box, maybe add Chelsea if you're finding things too difficult to figure out.
Jesus... I hope to fucking god you're not a Primary School teacher by trade....

Maybe Try-or-ray not adopting such a fucking condescending tone next time!

Blimey....

BTW, who is Google? How do I ask it stuff??

I dun find it difficult to figure out stuff.... What with my oxygen deprived brain injury an'all!!!

Chill out bro... It's still hot out!

Bringing a player into a manager's squad without his say so.... Sorry but ITS NOT A GOOD thing.... let's hope it works out.

Actually, if you bothered to FUCKING READ what was said...Conte said the club wanted to sign him, and he gave it the approval because he could see that Spence could be a really important player.

The only difference with this transfer is that the club/Levy suggested it first.

How is that signing Spence without his say so!

Fuck sake - those of you jumping on this need to learn to fucking read. End of discussion

Not at all. I'm merely pointing out that while our previous managers all bemoaned the fact that players were brought in against their judgment, we were hoping that with Antonio this disturbing trend was finally ending.

But you can't just pretend he never said it, mate.....

True to form you're "pretending" someone said something that they didn't.....

He didn't say he had no say in it or that it was "against [Conte's] judgement".... Conte himself said he gave it the 'green light'.

He & Paraticci are BOTH part of "the club" and at the head of the recruitment process.

In your toxic little world, you want this to be a 'Levy' thing even though his name has not been mentioned in Conte's comments.

Last edited:
Who should we have signed then.......?

"Club decision"

Conte: "I want a new RB"
Fab: "There's no ready made stars out there"
Conte: "But I must have someone"
Fab: "OK, well how about this approach then..... Young and coach-able.... Myself & the club are always keen to invest in such players... The scouts are buzzing about him"
Conte: "OK..... Why not... Let's give him a try."

That's likely all that went down here, but the trauma vultures will by their very nature be circling; baying for Levy's blood.
Nailed it.

Conte ;
"I said ok, this player is young but he has shown he can become a good important player for us "

Let's break this down.
Paratici;
"Do you want Spence"

Conte;
"Yes"

The club then buys Spence.

And yet somehow this gets translated as ;
"The club's buying players Conte doesn't want"

This is right up there with "he'll be gone by Christmas " levels of self delusion.

True to form you're "pretending" someone said something that they didn't.....

He didn't say he had no say in it or that it was "against [Conte's] judgement".... Conte himself said he gave it the 'green light'.

He & Paraticci are BOTH part of "the club" and at the the head of the recruitment process.

In your toxic little world, you want this to be a 'Levy' thing even though his name has not been mentioned in Conte's comments.

Mate, don't even bother trying.

We all know 'Joan the Moan' Thomas is nothing but a caricature these days.

Stooping to lying now to make a point, is a new low though.

You're spot on - and no point did Conte suggest this signing was 'against his judgement'. In fact he said the opposite for fuck sake.

Nailed it.

Conte ;
"I said ok, this player is young but he has shown he can become a good important player for us "

Let's break this down.
Paratici;
"Do you want Spence"

Conte;
"Yes"

The club then buys Spence.

And yet somehow this gets translated as ;
"The club's buying players Conte doesn't want"

This is right up there with "he'll be gone by Christmas " levels of self delusion.

Toxic trauma hound(s)..... Zero suprise who's presence has ramped up and is leading the charge.

Mate, don't even bother trying.

We all know 'Joan the Moan' Thomas is nothing but a caricature these days.

Stooping to lying now to make a point, is a new low though.

You're spot on - and no point did Conte suggest this signing was 'against his judgement'. In fact he said the opposite for fuck sake.

Nah, he's been a fraud and a liar for fucking years.

Back
Top Bottom