Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still think that if we want real success in the CL, there are players who should not ever start. Doherty, Royal, PEH, Sanchez. Maybe Davies too. When we're up against elite teams, they really haven't got the chops. Not really convinced about Bentancur yet either although I have hopes.
Like everyone hete, I long for success but it means class in every position. With Perisic here and perhaps Bastoni, that's 50% improved already. Throw Christian into the mixture and we're almost there.
A) I don't know that you're right on any of these

B) Even if you are, just because they aren't fit to start a home and away against Madrid or Bayern doesn't mean they aren't fit to have a major part in a CL/PL contending team. Not all the matches are against Madrid or Bayern. Having quality squad players who can dispatch 75% of the league fairly comfortably is key.

Fuck Isco.....

The degree of unwarranted hype this guy has received from Spurs fans over the years is off the scale....

Seeing Arse sign him up on 300 grand per week would be glorious.
guy just screams Woolwich. The way he looks, the facial structure, the haircut... like a Spanish Jamie Redknapp.

You just know he'd get ragdolled by Skipp if they ever met on a pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know yet if/how Skipp will perform after his injury and extended time off. Sign me up for a McKennie/Bentancur midfield with Skipp ready to slot in and Hojbjerg as a squad player.

Love Eriksen but not sure he fits in.

guy just screams Woolwich. The way he looks, the facial structure, the haircut... like a Spanish Jamie Redknapp.

You just he'd get ragdolled by Skipp if they ever met on a pitch.
I've always noticed that, there's a certain Woolwich 'look'. Young arrogant lego spanish waiter Craig David type vibe. Like they've cloned Robert Pires for the last 20 years.

I've always noticed that, there's a certain Woolwich 'look'. Young arrogant lego spanish waiter Craig David type vibe. Like they've cloned Robert Pires for the last 20 years.
exactly, and that's probably why they got Dani Ceballos in

Fuck Isco.....

The degree of unwarranted hype this guy has received from Spurs fans over the years is off the scale....

Seeing Arse sign him up on 300 grand per week would be glorious.
As you may remember, he's from Benalmádena where my in-laws have an apartment.

I ran into him last summer, we had a couple of mojitos at a beach bar. Seemed a nice bloke but things went quickly south when talk turned to Tottenham.

Turns out he's a vile anti-Semite and sleeps under a Charlie George duvet cover.

Pass.

We need someone with a free kick in his locker. Any thoughts?
Liverpool scored one this season. City scored none, I'm pretty sure. Chelsea one. We scored one, a Son free kick that bounced through into the corner.

Free kicks aren't important enough to prioritize at PL level unless you can get yourself a Messi or Neymar

Yes, he's a top class defender but he's turning 31 this summer. He can play as FB, CB & DM. I am not sure about him though - fex. if one added £10-20m to his apparent fee of £30m, one could get a quality younger CB. But Koulibaly's experience could also be very valuable for Spurs.
If it's true that Spurs have been in contact with him I wonder if they see him as a LCB or a competitor for Dier at the CCB spot.

Kalidou Koulibaly 'is eyeing a move away from Napoli this summer with Barcelona his preferred destination... but Chelsea, Tottenham and Juventus have all made attempt to start talks with Serie A club'​

• Kalidou Koulibaly has played more than 300 games for Napoli since joining
  • The 30-year-old Senegal defender has just one year left on his contract
  • Barcelona are aware of Koulibaly's desire but are yet to make a move for him
  • The Catalan giants are reportedly willing to include Miralem Pjanic in deal
By KISHAN VAGHELA FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 00:45 BST, 1 June 2022 | UPDATED: 00:57 BST, 1 June 2022

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly wants to leave the club and prefers a £30million (€35m) move to Barcelona this summer, according to reports.

The Senegal defender - who has played more than 300 games for the Serie A club since joining in 2014 - has just one year left on his deal.

ESPN claim however he is trying to engineer a move out of the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona this summer rather than leave on a free, with the Catalan giants his favoured destination.

Liverpool scored one this season. City scored none, I'm pretty sure. Chelsea one. We scored one, a Son free kick that bounced through into the corner.

Free kicks aren't important enough to prioritize at PL level unless you can get yourself a Messi or Neymar
OK, but they score so many that that doesn't seem to be an issue for them -
94 LFC
99 MCFC
76 The Filth
69 THFC

OK, so our goals per game got better once Nono had gone, and got better again with the window and Kulu. But we're playing catch up here. At the mo the only benefit of getting free kicks in dangerous places is that the oppo might pick up a red.

Don't suppose Perisic takes them? Lefties tend to be more effective imo.

Larry David Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom