Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte:

Pierre is another important player for us, he's young but he's experienced and now with Bentancur we have implemented the midfielders, Winksy, Skipp, players I can count on.

And Ndombele deffo could not be relied on.
But the "experts" on TFC think PEH and Winks are no good and that we should have built our team around Ndontcarebele. :goonermong:
With everyone fit, I'd be shocked if Winks starts another game this season.

BTW, Jan Vertoghen would have been aboslutely fantastic as the LCB for conte.

Will always remember his game against Dortmund when he played LWB and pocketed both Hakimi and Sancho, got a goal and assist.

Now I've made myself sad...
interview crying GIF

BTW, Jan Vertoghen would have been aboslutely fantastic as the LCB for conte.

Will always remember his game against Dortmund when he played LWB and pocketed both Hakimi and Sancho, got a goal and assist.

Now I've made myself sad...
interview crying GIF
Wonderful footballer. He is a better RWB than Royal and probably a better DM than PEH, let alone LCB

hopefully after the performance against city and the magnitude of that result, this is the real start of the conte era now. he should of worked out all the players by now and know what he can do and who he can trust. tomorrow is massive imo as it will tell us if this is the case.

a win and a good dominant performance tomorrow is fucking massive! i think if we can do that then we will get top 4.

hopefully after the performance against city and the magnitude of that result, this is the real start of the conte era now. he should of worked out all the players by now and know what he can do and who he can trust. tomorrow is massive imo as it will tell us if this is the case.

a win and a good dominant performance tomorrow is fucking massive! i think if we can do that then we will get top 4.

It would be good if Conte puts them in a room with video's of how they can play football. Some of the passing passages were absolutely sublime in that match. All 3 goals started with the keeper and were passed through the pitch rather than over it.

It would be good if Conte puts them in a room with video's of how they can play football. Some of the passing passages were absolutely sublime in that match. All 3 goals started with the keeper and were passed through the pitch rather than over it.
I think our problem is almost always in the first phase of build up. Sess/Regui, Emerson, Sanchez and to an extent Davies are all weak when pressed, and rarely pick good forward passes.

Under conte Kane and Son have also been terrible with the final ball and finishing.

Hopefully Romero and Bentancur can fix this problem to some extent.

Conte said he can count on Winksy, said PEH and Benta ran around a lot v City and said he will rotate MFers.
Winks is odds on to start tomorrow.
I don't like hitting disagree without saying why.

But in this case, I just disagree.
The same starting 11 as City, 100%

Only thing that changes that is an injury.

I don't like hitting disagree without saying why.

But in this case, I just disagree.
The same starting 11 as City, 100%

Only thing that changes that is an injury.
While I agree with your sentiment, 3 matches in a week is always going to require rotation and if we're being honest, Burnley away suits a Winks start far more than Leeds away.

Burnley will sit back even at home which plays into Winks' loan "quality" (recycling possession). Leeds, on the other hand, will press us and we all know Winks folds under any pressure.

While I agree with your sentiment, 3 matches in a week is always going to require rotation and if we're being honest, Burnley away suits a Winks start far more than Leeds away.

Burnley will sit back even at home which plays into Winks' loan "quality" (recycling possession). Leeds, on the other hand, will press us and we all know Winks folds under any

I hope I'm right and your wrong. Winks should only ever start games for us in a crisis. Simply put, if he plays, we lose.

I hope I'm right and your wrong. Winks should only ever start games for us in a crisis. Simply put, if he plays, we lose.
I hope you're right too! I'm fucking sick and tired of Winks and have been for years. If it was up to me, I'd plug Harvey White in the center of the park and see what happens. The worst he can do is play absolute shit which is what Winks puts out there on a per match basis.

Gave the perfect answer about Sess, in his presser.

"The first person who has to be convinced [about his potential] is himself."

Spot on.

It's all in his head.

Needs to unlock himself and let his natural game flow.

Great to hear Conte speak so highly/positively about him and how far he can go.

Back
Top Bottom