Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching the winner again....

Our game plan was 100% to let them push up high and commit as many forward before passing through Kane in the middle into overlapping players to get behind their defence...

But the 3rd goal saw SEVEN different Spurs players pass the ball patiently and accurately, predominantly in the City half before picking lock and scoring. (More than 7 passes but I counted 7 different players involved)

Quite fitting that we spent 90 minutes negating their style and then actually beat them WITH their own style.

Wow...the new boys are fitting in well...and Hojbjerg?!?!?!

FMDxTGmXwAEugCv
Hugo's a lazy sod isn't he?

wonder if those useless f#cks are looking at this and wishing they pulled finger and were a part of this magic? (Nb excludes 10 and 14 Feb)

And what it all boiled down too...Kane and Son finally had a good game. If they can be consistent in converting chances we can get a good run of results.

- Out of character for Son to squad that pass. On his current form he would have been expected to blast it at the keeper.

- Kane with and excellent run into the box from a perfect Son pass. How many times have we had that quality of pass this season?

- Kane fighting for and winning a header in the box - after missing one from 2 yards last week.

Wow...the new boys are fitting in well...and Hojbjerg?!?!?!

FMDxTGmXwAEugCv

With a goal and an assist also thrown in there he was the second best player on the pitch IMO.

And for all the talk of him being slow seems he's not. Takes a while to get upto full speed i think but once he gets going he's not slow.

Kulu is gonna be a very important player for us I think. He plays with his head up unlike Son and Moura and was what we needed. Him feeding Son and Kane is gonna be a familiar sight I reckon

Some stats from the game

Bentancur and Kulusevski have blended nicely into the team and performed as well as our other top performers. Good recruitment to see they are ready just after joining

Click on the tweet for more stats

Jusat watching MOTD.

When Kane missed the 1v1 chance at 1-2 it should have been a penalty as Laporte flies through him as he shoots.

KDB gets no booking for pushing Hojbjerg over after Hojbjerg fouls him straight after.

Walker gets caught out exactly like Emerson did against Southampton for the winner.
Thought Walker had a pretty poor game. Hojbjerg out muscled him a couple of times, and Sonny (no slouch I know) equalled him for pace. Maybe the clock is ticking on his time as a prime RWB.

Last edited:
Some stats from the game

Bentancur and Kulusevski have blended nicely into the team and performed as well as our other top performers. Good recruitment to see they are ready just after joining

Click on the tweet for more stats

I’m pleased with both of them and Kulu really put a shift in

This is quite interesting as there's been talk about Foden getting stick at the boxing, and what gives fans the right to do that.
What gives players the right to be immune from it?
How many times have all of us had gobby cunts mouthing off in our faces over the years from rival fans? When it's totally unprovoked when you're just going about your business?
I don't do it. I don't steam into friends or acquaintances or even strangers with a mouthful of abuse, but that shit has happened to me for decades. I've found myself distancing myself from people I know who are like it.
None of them ever top to think what the person they're going out of their way to say these things to might have going on in their lives and how it may make them feel.

Sing songs at a ground and then leave that rivalry IN the ground.

If Kel Brook and Amir Khan can shake hands and be civilized after fighting this week, perhaps football fans should learn to get on.

Back
Top Bottom