Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really like Kulusevski and Bentancur - outside of the former’s obvious goal inputs he also had some great control and close touch play.

Bentancur gave the ball away in dangerous positions once or twice, but he looked great transitionally and potentially exactly what we’ve been missing in games that we control a bit more.
Also it was Bentancur's first time, over the top, ball to Kulusevski that set up the winner.

Never underestimate the pass before the pass.

Great win! Was surprised by kulu. I think he’d be better with mahrez type role if had a solid rb behind him.
doherty-matt-doherty.gif

Has the goal been Titanic'd yet?
Give it another hour or so..
Unless you mean 'sunk without a trace' cos the anti-Spurs media wanna bury any notion that this ACTUALLY happened!

I still can’t get over the additional time at the end of the game last night, it felt like the game was going to end unless Man City got an equaliser!
Orrrrrrrrrrrr until we got the Winner!
Levy moves in mysterious ways...
He MUST'VE sold his soul to someone!

We dare to do. We’re not cowards.
It's not cowardice, it's tactical astuteness. You're taking one game and assuming it's the only way we play. Against Leicester we attacked relentlessly, so that game alone makes the lie of what you are saying.

In a league that has so many teams playing in different ways, you need to play in different ways to get the result you require, particularly against teams that have better, more balanced squads/teams.

Whatever way you play, a decent manager's first port of call is stopping the goals against, that is what, in the long run, wins you trophies and titles. It's the base on which everything is built. If the recipe to success was just relentless attack then Ardiles would have won everything when he managed us.

Morning my throat is sore and my head is like a brick, not sure what happened yesterday evening don’t remember the chicken fried rice in the kitchen which I had for breakfast, don’t know who Sarah or Jackie are but received texts about having a great time and must do it again. Curiously there’s only one empty beer bottle and one empty beer can. I can’t recall leaving the flat or falling asleep on the sofa but remember the boxing which I watched with the younger boy. Hmmm

COYS!!!!

That is actually a superb team goal. The patient build up, one touch pass and move, working the ball into space an manoeuvring the City players around the pitch to create that space.

Had anyone else scored a goal in that manner you'd have analysts waxing lyrical about it for days. That was actually the 2nd goal we'd scored in that game that was built up in that manner, the 1st being chalked off, with Kane's miss also being built in a very similar manner.

Watching that game without all the emotional investment, you actually see some superb Football from us. Controlled and disciplined in defence, excellent transition when we'd won the ball back, intelligent movement going forward and clinical finishing.

Can anyone recall us hoofing the ball forward to a target man in the hope that we get something to break for us?

No, me neither.

The more I see of that game, the more impressive that performance was. Not just the result, the performance from back to front.

Back
Top Bottom