Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not even his defensive play that frightens me, I expect a Brazilian full back to be sloppy, whats scary is when he’s on the attack. Reguilon is nothing special but he got in 1 v 1 and should have scored, he made the cross that Kane should have scored with his head, he offers a threat. Emerson had so much of the ball and couldn’t produce anything. In fact he probably created more counter chances for Southampton with his shite passing in the final third than he did for us.

Paratici turning down Tomiyasu for £10m less than Emerson is looking like a sack-worthy offence. What did he see in Emerson other than the fact he played for Barca?

Wouldn't surprise me that as has just been pointed out the because someone plays for a club like Barca people automatically think he must be a top player .We were well and truly mugged on this one .

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 still says he is a good player.
He is mate. He had a terrible game, as did most of the players out on the pitch today.

But don't let me stop you scapegoating him, fill your boots. (This is the first thing I've seen since logging in this morning, I haven't even read a single post other than you tag, I am absolutely 100% that there's a pile on today because this is what fans do right now, it's getting worse and worse. So fucking reactionary blowing hot and cold, keeping biased informed opinions. Booing the team after a poor 45mins, booing a world-class coach in his first home PL match at halftime.

As I said i think he had a poor game, I think Reggie was even worse (who defensively was nowhere, didn't stop a single cross into our box and fluffed every attacking situation down his flank - Our first, and 2nd came as a result of our build-up down the right).

But the biggest issue last night I feel was Conte. It's his Achillies heel, he has a terrible record against teams that aggressively press and was done AGIAN by a team that did so. I also thought we lacked control because the system meant we were totally outnumbered in the key areas of the pitch, Winks & PEH were outnumbered in the middle, both fullbacks were in 2v1 situations. What did Conte do? Nothing!

Conte's Chelsea couldn't cope with Poch's high-pressing Spurs, his Inter couldn't cope with Atalanta (many, many more examples draw from and his Tottenham is struggling against teams that press us AGAIN!!)

But please yeah, don't let me stop you, let it all out mate shapen the blades, light your torches and march on the town hall.

Last edited:
1 step fwd (good against Brighton); 2 steps back (crap last night)...... We have a knack for signing such players, don't we. :harryhmm:

Back
Top Bottom