Andros Townsend's role this season???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You talking about the same Lennon that refuses to make any runs, gives up far too easily and has an all round bad attitude a lot of the time?
I'm not sure if someone who is lazy would ever be made captain for any game, also not sure if someone that lazy would continue to be selected by a succession of Spurs managers. Lennon combined best with Corluka, him and Walker don't quite have that same level of understanding but they're getting there.

Preferred starting XI:

------------------Bale
Bale----Bale---------Bale----Bale
-------Bale-----Bale-----Bale
Bale------------Bale------------Bale

julian-lennon-460_1418667c.jpg

???

Laziness might explain why he was a one hit wonder...

Yes, but bale showed some ability and brainpower when it came to playing WITH others, so far I've seen very little of that in Townsend.

Bale, even when not as good, has always chose the glory instead of the simple pass and tap in. He links well with others, but faced with a 1on1 with a simple square pass on for an easy goal, he goes alone. See Twente at home, Villa away last year and Scum away when we were 2-0 up; and they're just off the top of my head.

Bale, even when not as good, has always chose the glory instead of the simple pass and tap in. He links well with others, but faced with a 1on1 with a simple square pass on for an easy goal, he goes alone. See Twente at home, Villa away last year and Scum away when we were 2-0 up; and they're just off the top of my head.
He does that now yeah with his inflated ego (hence why he pissed me off so much last season, as he's started to make more and more silly decisions) however, before he broke through and after he dazzeled the world as a left-back turned left-winger he actually passed and looked to play in others, not just go for glory. Townsend is already going for glory more times than not, which is why I can't see him making it.

Back
Top Bottom