Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The quote I've seen from Caulker didn't sound volatile at all, just that he like a lot of spurs supporters even, think that he deserves a move based on form, not that he should go...
Fair enough, sour grapes is too harsh. The point I was trying to make is that players within the confines of Hotspur Way are batoning down the hatches against the media seige, Soldado is still on his way there, probably hasn't been briefed yet, and Caulker is gone and is a free agent to be able to comment, anything he says - literally anything - will offer something for the media to grab hold of that has a degree of authenticity as a legitimate club source.

Or keep him and challenge for the league?

Or sell him, buy more world class players and challenge for the league with players who want to be here.

Spurs should be looking to challenge the likes of Real Madrid, and while forcing top players to stay might work for a year, he will be gone next summer anyway.

Did no one learn a single thing from Modric and Berbatov? The problem then was that we didnt spend the money in the right areas on the right players.

100M FFS. Bale isnt the best player in the world...not even close. Bite their hand off.

New Premier League TV deal promises £100m prize money for next season's title winners
Manchester United earned a record £60.8 million in Premier League TV money after winning the title – but even the club who finish bottom next season will exceed that income because of the top flight’s huge new broadcasting deals.

That money will allow us to be a better team without Bale, than with Bale.

So, if spent wisely we can become a club that players want to come to instead of the eternal stepping stone..

By selling our best player in over a decade and the hottest property in world football, how are we perpetuating that image? Year on year, the only time Spurs make the headlines is for being in tumult over their star player wanting to leave. I think Levy has hit upon a good formula - let them wait it out an extra year. The value may decrease, but it's the first step to being one of the big boys. If Bale had played at Norwich or Hull (no offense intended), he would already be gone because their aspiration isn't as high as ours is in the medium term.

Or sell him, buy more world class players and challenge for the league with players who want to be here.

Spurs should be looking to challenge the likes of Real Madrid, and while forcing top players to stay might work for a year, he will be gone next summer anyway.

Did no one learn a single thing from Modric and Berbatov? The problem then was that we didnt spend the money in the right areas on the right players.

100M FFS. Bale isnt the best player in the world...not even close. Bite their hand off.

I agree with the bit in bold, most definitely. But you have to get there somehow and selling only perpetuates the image that we are a selling club. Look at Woolwich - they've fallen from being title challengers and European semi-finalists to perennial second-rounders and quarter-finalists without anything to show but their copy of the receipt for their former greats.

If we continue to project the image of a selling club, why won't we be seen as a stepping stone? That's all we'll ever be.

I agree with you about Tottenham being bigger than a player, but I think we should hold onto Bale until next summer at the very least.

This is now about not being seen as a selling club. We've recently lost Keane to Liverpool, Carrick to United, Berbatov to United and Modric to Madrid. All four of them were our best players at the time (Debateable on Keane...)

Otherwise, whats going to happen when, say, Barca come in for Lloris, etc....Time to stand our ground.

The problem in all those cases was not selling the player, but not improving the team with the money. Why pretend we are not a selling club when we clearly are exactly that?

All clubs are...look at Dortmund. Real and Barca lose players too. The difference we need to make, is by becoming a better team without Bale, and thats ALL that matters.

100M can do that. Personally, Id be happy if Bale left, and we signed another top striker and winger.

If Bale wants out, he can fucking do one as far as Im concerned. We are not going to become bigger than Real before his contract runs out, so we can win the PL next season, and it wont matter. He appears to have his head turned, and to be honest, you could see the Billy Big Bollox in him already last season.

100M spent wisely can start this club off in the right direction to becoming a top club. Fuck Real, we COULD be better than them one day, but Bale is already a casualty of silly season, and he cant be saved. Its too late.

As I said, the only thing that matters, is spending the money correctly, and thats where we have failed in the past.

On a side note, fuck agents.

100M can categorically, unequivocally, unquestionably be spent better if we are in the Champions League rather than in Europa.

M4_20130731_1150_Balebid_SUMMERTRANSFERXI.png

Harry has pissed me off with his stupid fucking comments, fair enough a line like, 'Yes he would fit in well there' at most. But no, he has to go onnnn and onnnn rubbing it in.

Well at least our faces don't look like a melted candle.

That gif is so simplistic, is that really worth even posting up? What about the fact we don't have CL on offer? What about their combined wages?

That gif is so simplistic, is that really worth even posting up? What about the fact we don't have CL on offer? What about their combined wages?
It's not a gif - it's a .jpeg

I didn't make it myself - simply wanted to demonstrate comparative 'value' since the topic of debate has shifted towards 'reinvesting'

Is that ok with you, buddy?

Sure I don't have a problem with that, just that it doesn't demonstrate what we can buy with any money we might get for selling Bale.
Anyway, no matter, cos he's staying :dude:

Back
Top Bottom