Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home. Somehow we found ourselves sitting right next to the away fans - don't remember booking that, lol!!!

Well, got out of jail there, didn't we!! Can't wait to see the highlights, because all the action was at the far end. Atmosphere was superb at times - we just need to do a bit mor eof it.

Koyum (Turkish cafe opposite) has had a refurb, but the food is still great and cheap too.

Altogether, a great night out!

At the Lane, whenever the team play like they did in the first half, the support is shit. The team need to show some fucking passion to get the crowd going. It’s always been the same at Spurs (as long as I’ve been going). Second half, in the south stand, the atmosphere was better from the start coz we were better. We need more songs, but where do they come from?
Yep agreed but don't think you should boo your team off 1st off in your Managers (who's top 5 in Wolrd) debut home PL game, sets the wrong vibe. I've zero issues if the intention is to get the manager sacked for being useless though.

Yep agreed but don't think you should boo your team off 1st off in your Managers (who's top 5 in Wolrd) debut home PL game, sets the wrong vibe. I've zero issues if the intention is to get the manager sacked for being useless though.

Agree re the booing. I've been going 49 years and never felt the need to do it. Not sure what it achieves.

I actually think that's what's causing it, 30k probably only went to 1 or 2 games a season now got ST's and don't know any songs apart from COYS and OWTS.

My impression is that the drop-off harks back to the AVB days...... Things are jazzy enough when things are going well, but for years now we've just scratched our collective arse when things are flat on the field unless some form of incident rallies us.

My impression is that the drop-off harks back to the AVB days...... Things are jazzy enough when things are going well, but like for years now we've just scratched our collective arse when things are flat on the field unless some form of incident rallies us.
Nah, we were rocking under Poch, some of the best atmosphere's I've ever experienced were under him and at WEMBLEY too! Most of the team had individual songs and we'd have probably sung 8/9/10 other songs, even revived Glory, Glory under him which had all but died out.

What players from current group have a song now? Kane (been sung once maybe twice this season), Dele (not playing), Lorris (Hugo, not exactly a song), Dier (haven't heard it once this year), Romero (no), Rodon (no), Davies (no), Reggie (no), Sess (No), Emerson (no), Sanchez (no), Doherty (no), PEH (no), Winks (he's one of our own sung x1/2 times), Skipp (he's one of our own sung once), Tanganga (he's one of our own, sung once), Ndombele (no), Gil (no), Golini (no), I mean fucking hell!!!

Yep that's what I'm saying. He did the right thing but the fact he had to doing was utterly cringe, I never want to see that again (but I know we will because our support right now is dead).

We've all ripped into Klopp having to cheerlead at Anfield. Our support is fucking dead.

I also thought booing the team off at the end of 1st half was completely misjudged too, if you want your manager out because you've seen nothing from them then by all means the fans are OK to do so but to boo in the guys FIRST home game is rediculous (the performance was shit, so just don't applaud them off)

The bottom line is our fanbase is dead and offer this team nothing other than singing one song once in a while.
The booing at half time is a bit much.

Fanbase has to be given something on the pitch to cheer for though, Personally I think this is the most gutless, unlikeable group of Spurs players in living memory. Some of the weak piss we've been served up in the last couple of season will take some redeeming. At £70 a pop too.

For the record, I think Conte is exactly the manager to help rebuild that relationship between the fans & team.

The booing at half time is a bit much.

Fanbase has to be given something on the pitch to cheer for though, Personally I think this is the most gutless, unlikeable group of Spurs players in living memory. Some of the weak piss we've been served up in the last couple of season will take some redeeming. At £70 a pop too.

For the record, I think Conte is exactly the manager to help rebuild that relationship between the fans & team.
I actually like a lot of these players, they've just been managed but a totally cunt and someone out of his depth, both gone now thankfully.

I met up with loads of people pregame today and there was a really positive vibe from everyone, yes agree the crowd have always reacted to wants going on the pitch but for that prematch enthusiasm after 5mins something is wrong.

After a terrible first half, it was really great to see Spurs playing on the front foot again. Especially happy for Reg, who scored and had an outstanding cross that led to the first goal. Hopefully this helps him, and the rest of the team, regain confidence in themselves and trust Conte.

In the modern game fitness is so important, if we can go from one of the least fit teams to the most it will have a huge impact on our results. The average age of the team is mid 20’s as well so we have no excuse.
Agree, but I am furious with the players for not getting themselves to peak fitness. They are professional athletes (and highly paid ones at that). Track athletes don’t wait for their coach to tell them to get fit for tournaments, they are out there on the roads at five in the morning knocking up the miles to endure they are at peak fitness.
Why on Earth aren’t our players at peak fitness from the start of the season to the end?

Back
Top Bottom