The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. First half Woolwich dominated , but why were we playing long balls and by passing midfield?
2. Second half we improved, but why have we lost energy, pressing, running making it as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition?
3. I stated that we should take City money for Kane,reinvesting in the team, but got slaughtered on here. Where are you today, even 75 m looks good right now?
4. The so called top 6 are now a top 4.
5. We are masters at stadium building but clueless in team building. Villa sold Grealish, they are looking good to me.

Have not read any previous comment, but Kane looks finished here. That flick used to be an easy goal for him. Take $75 million next window, and move on. Gil is ready to start. Go get another striker and lets move forward. Oh, and ENIC out.

Is anyone else worried most by the lack of effort put in. Excluding skipp hoiberg dier and son, nobody seems to care (Bryan put a shift in when given the chance) are our players trying to get the manager gone so soon? Embarrassing

To me he was blaming the players - yeah his mistake was picking the players he did but he seems to be saying they are not good enough to do what he asked of them !

I think he was saying more that he picked players to play roles that didn't suit them. Look at who he subbed off at HT. I wanted Tanganga to start but his lack of pace was horrendously exposed by Woolwich's counter. Dele over Skipp meant we had no proper structure in the midfield, just 3 players wandering around all over the place.

The team didn't have the right balance when put up against Woolwich, although that wasn't just down to the selection. The spaces between the players, the lack of intensity off the ball, the cowardice on the ball, everything was wrong. Any decent team knows that when you lose the ball, you need to quickly become compact, either by pressing together or dropping off into a solid shape. We didn't do either of those things and that's the main reason we looked utter dogshit in the first half. Every time Woolwich got the ball back they waltzed into our box without facing any resistance.

Cant have that a manager admitting he fucked up in a very important game. First game of season v city great. The rest garbage.
Yep. Even after the Wolves and Watford games I wasn't happy, could see the dross being served up, yet a chunk on here were well happy, just focusing on the scorelines. I judge games on performances not the results. Haven't seen much of the former for ages from this team.

Back
Top Bottom