Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had one moment in the second half where he had to track down the flank and put in some defensive sprints. For the next 3 minutes he refused to engage in progressing the ball down his side because he was obviously gassed and just wanted to stand there for a while, so he just kept passing it back to our CBs who were giving it to him.

Embarrassing fitness levels for a professional athlete when we're talking about somewhere in the 60minute mark here.

We also cannot afford to not play him. He was a massive investment and is on huge wages, and clearly we're a club right now who either can't afford good players, or have no interest in pursuing them. If we don't play him, he will be with us till his contract runs down .. nobody is signing a player who can't get in a team over Skipp or Winks.

Even if you hate his attitude/style/whatever, we need to get some sort of performances out of him so at worst we can move him on for a somewhat respectable fee and free up those wages. Squeezing some half decent performances out of the guy is one of the biggest priorities of our season, since our chances of getting European football or winning a trophy are about zero.

Skipp and PEH doesnt work together at all. Unless you are a fan of watching us defend for 90 minutes.

I'm pretty sure those two together wielded our total accumulation of points this season if I'm not mistaken.

Saying that they don't work is wide of the mark and lacks context, clearly they do work but you're sacrificing attacking play if you play them and I'd say that playing those two works a hell of a lot better than playing either of them with Ndombele at the moment.

I'm pretty sure those two together wielded our total accumulation of points this season if I'm not mistaken.

Saying that they don't work is wide of the mark and lacks context, clearly they do work but you're sacrificing attacking play if you play them and I'd say that playing those two works a hell of a lot better than playing either of them with Ndombele at the moment.
We won points on the back of a freekick that went in unexpectedly, a penalty and one hit and hope from Son. If you arent a fan of scoring goals, then maybe its a good pairing for you.

We won points on the back of a freekick that went in unexpectedly, a penalty and one hit and hope from Son. If you arent a fan of scoring goals, then maybe its a good pairing for you.

No we won because we were able to stay in the 3 90 min games, the goals were just a moment in these matches, we still had to see them out which is kinda the point of football.

You'll have the Tanguy fanclub here wanting to tear off your nutsack.

We should all be fans of our players, I don't get why there needs to be division all the time.

I'm just calling it as I see it, he's been a monumental waste of money and is proving to be a massive problem in our midfield yet again.

Him and Kane are our only players presently capable of picking a pass.

We should all be fans of our players, I don't get why there needs to be division all the time.

I'm just calling it as I see it, he's been a monumental waste of money and is proving to be a massive problem in our midfield yet again.

I'll never be a fan of anyone that thinks they are better than the club.

At least Kane has given years of wonderful service and goal after goal. Ndombele has given the club fuck all.

No we won because we were able to stay in the 3 90 min games, the goals were just a moment in these matches, we still had to see them out which is kinda the point of football.
The goals only came from lucks and flukes. And you cant rely on that happen every game. Its not about staying in the game. The aim is to create and score goals. Not 1 thing falls for us to sneak a 1-0.

I'll never be a fan of anyone that thinks they are better than the club.

At least Kane has given years of wonderful service and goal after goal. Ndombele has given the club fuck all.

Well you and me have different energy lol

Don't have time to hate our players and I always back them when they put on the shirt although I'll call them out when criticism is warranted.

We also cannot afford to not play him. He was a massive investment and is on huge wages, and clearly we're a club right now who either can't afford good players, or have no interest in pursuing them. If we don't play him, he will be with us till his contract runs down .. nobody is signing a player who can't get in a team over Skipp or Winks.

Even if you hate his attitude/style/whatever, we need to get some sort of performances out of him so at worst we can move him on for a somewhat respectable fee and free up those wages. Squeezing some half decent performances out of the guy is one of the biggest priorities of our season, since our chances of getting European football or winning a trophy are about zero.

We sometimes blame our window of no transactions for our bad state now, but it still shocks me that we then had a window with a 150m outlay with nothing to show for it two years on: Ndombele is good for a half every now and then, Lo Celso has shown us nothing in forever, Sessegnon shows no signs of being a first team player, and Clarke can’t even get on the pitch when we play against farmers.

Ndombele is the worst of them all, because when he is on the pitch and not gassed, he so clearly makes us better. It’s the worst kind of tease.

Well you and me have different energy lol

Don't have time to hate our players and I always back them when they put on the shirt although I'll call them out when criticism is warranted.

I don't hate any of our players. But the sooner Ndombele is out of the club, the better. But he's only part of a long list.

The goals only came from lucks and flukes. And you cant rely on that happen every game. Its not about staying in the game. The aim is to create and score goals. Not 1 thing falls for us to sneak a 1-0.

You're not understanding the point.

I don't care how our goals came, my point is that we will always look solid in a midfield pairing of Hojbjerg and Skipp and you can count on them to get us through matches more than you can count on Ndombele regardless of the performance.

Back
Top Bottom