Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he made an effort by his standards I suppose, but his “challenge” for their first was pathetic.

Look, I’m tired discussing him, his ability is not in doubt but he’s the type of modern footballer I can’t stand, and I can’t understand why after 2 seasons people are still expecting him to come good consistently
He did more than Kane

Well he made an effort by his standards I suppose, but his “challenge” for their first was pathetic.

Look, I’m tired discussing him, his ability is not in doubt but he’s the type of modern footballer I can’t stand, and I can’t understand why after 2 seasons people are still expecting him to come good consistently

Come good?

Most people just realize he is a lot better than the other options we have, Alli and Winks.

His effort against Rennes was fine. He has had effort issues in the past but no reason to make up issues when they don't exist.

Come good?

Most people just realize he is a lot better than the other options we have, Alli and Winks.

His effort against Rennes was fine. He has had effort issues in the past but no reason to make up issues when they don't exist.
If we’ve got to the stage where he’s being compared to Winks it’s worse than I imagined. He’s our record signing ffs

Ok fair enough but why come on the Tanguay thread if you don’t want to discuss him???

We’re stuck with him for at least this season so we have to make the best of it and Thursday was a start

We’re not exactly flush with options in our midfield are we?

I’ll tell you what Chelsea will hope he’s playing tomorrow because they know exactly how to deal with him, I can’t think of a good game he’s had against one of the top sides while playing for us.

I mean you're not wrong about us overspending but I wholeheartedly disagree with this sentiment. NDombele is just about the only player we have on our books that Chelsea will look at and think 'how do we deal with him' because we have a lot of very linear and straight forward ball-playing players. Tanguy is actually one of the only guys we have who will keep defenders on their toes instead of playing safe or in front of them.

Unfortunately if we are to get anything from Chelsea we need X-factor players such as Tanguy to turn up, or we have very little chance barring a 10/10 across the board from all our 11.

The Tanguy fanboys are really obsessed with Winks.

You have to remember, most of our midfielders are so bang average that Ndombele looks world-class to some just because he can have a few nice moments in a game. That's all he is and is likely to ever be - a moments player.

The way I look at it, if he was transfer listed tomorrow at a reasonable price, would any genuinely top club be in for Ndombele? I think the answer would be a resounding no. We are his level, and the sooner he realises that and stops acting like he's too good for Spurs the better for everyone. Maybe then he can play every game and actually start improving as a player.

"It was the first game Tanguy was involved in since the beginning of the season," Nuno said.

"We had all the pre-season and we are already playing Premier League and European competition and it was Tanguy's first game so let's be patient"

"It was the first game Tanguy was involved in since the beginning of the season," Nuno said.

"We had all the pre-season and we are already playing Premier League and European competition and it was Tanguy's first game so let's be patient"
Wanks is starting isn’t he

Patient! He fick chose not to involve at all I’m any games. No he says let’s be patient. He gave minutes to sissoko even though he was told he was not wanted. Complete shambles. 4 games in and had no involvement. He could even be bothered to give him minutes last week v palace. It’s Nunos handling that has made this worse.

Patient! He fick chose not to involve at all I’m any games. No he says let’s be patient. He gave minutes to sissoko even though he was told he was not wanted.

Being told you're not wanted is completely different to telling us you want to leave.

Sissoko clocked up a few minutes in pre-season in the meantime, big deal....

Complete shambles. 4 games in and had no involvement.

He played on Thursday.

He could even be bothered to give him minutes last week v palace.

What does that even mean...? "Couldn't be bothered"????

No manager makes an effort to pick a player.... They pick whomever they think best suits the occasion.

It’s Nunos handling that has made this worse.

Nuno has simply responded to a man's own declared lack of commitment.

Back
Top Bottom