Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we aren’t able to get points, I hope we get pumped to kick Levy and Paratici in the arse regarding transfers. A 1-0 or 2-1 moral victory defeat is the worst case scenario.

I’m guessing:

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Dier Reguilon
PEH Skipp
Moura GLC Bergwijn
Son

Not great, but we did knock them out of UCL with the below 11 and Wanyama was crocked beyond belief at the time.

Lloris
Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Sissoko
Moura Alli Eriksen
Son

That back four brings tears to my eyes.

Kane starts tomorrow it’s as simple as that. He’s our player and our best player. If he doesn’t take part, then 100% he’s off. But, he is fit and he needs to start. I don’t give a fuck about the politics. It’s all about Spurs winning games and with Harry Kane in the team, we got more chance

Really not sure how this is going to go but COYS!

Dreading the coverage...sky gonna be sucking city off and trashing us while non stop talking about Kane

We gotta smash these Cunts

:nunofist::nunoout:

Much as City are of course favourites, it won't be lost on Guardiola that we are possibly the last team he would have wanted to face given the context.

I think City will draw our inevitable sting and just see our defensive frailty as strangulating our efforts.

Gone for now are the days when I did not see a mistake being to blame for at least the concession of one goal per game. You can't build with that every single match.

Kane starts tomorrow it’s as simple as that. He’s our player and our best player. If he doesn’t take part, then 100% he’s off. But, he is fit and he needs to start. I don’t give a fuck about the politics. It’s all about Spurs winning games and with Harry Kane in the team, we got more chance
That would be as funny as the time we started him on that CL final. Different but just as funny

I think Kane will be on the bench tomorrow but I doubt he’s in the right frame of mind to get on the pitch. I think Nuno will select him just to send a message to City that he is still our player. If he’s as desperate to leave as it appears, I doubt he would be able to play properly against the team he wants to join. It’s just too awkward. If he stays here this season we won’t see the real Kane until after the window closes.

He’s not playing - not in right frame of mind etc

Think it will mostly look like today's starting XI, maybe a couple tweaks assuming there were no knocks picked up today:

Lloris
Tanganga-Romero/Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Lo Celso-Hojbjerg-Dele
Lucas-Son-Bergwijn

No clue what City will look like, but they've had a number of starting players ruled out, so this may be the best time to try and steal a point against them.
According to the Guardian, Romero is injured.
Nuno will factor in turmoil before deciding if Kane faces Manchester City

Honestly, its hard to contextualize it strictly as a response to club management/performance/expectations with the covid restrictions. A lot of the reduced uptake/resale will be due to that.

I'd be surprised, honestly, if any stadium looked that full this weekend. Happy to be disappointed, but doubt I will be.
Yeah you could be right, and almost certainly Dan will see it that way. I think you could make an argument that more expensive clubs with predominantly older demographic of fans may see more empty seats too, which we would fall into. Either way empty seats for the first proper game in 18 months against the champions who are trying to take our best player sends a message that he cannot rely on people always just turning up come what may, and that his investment is more fragile than he apparently presumes.

Back
Top Bottom