Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We also need to be realistic. We are playing Man City in the very first game of the year. I know people will overreact the second they see us defending deep but trying to press and play open against a team as talented as City is suicide right now.

As is defending with our team.

A balance is required but City's fastest player is Walker so we need to not fear them as opposed to show then healthy respect

What we need to do is ensure we are competitive in midfield and are able to pose a goal threat. I doubt the defence will serve up anything we don't expect sadly.

If ever there was a good time to play City, it is now. They had a poor start last season, were under cooked against Leicester, KDB and Foden are out, a good number of their players Walker, Stones, Sterling, Zincenko just back. Ederson hasn’t had a pre season. So they are seven down and tho signed Grealish, they lost Aguero.

Kane should not start or play against Man City.

The fact that he wants to leave us for them makes me concerned that he wont be at his best. (Plus he has missed a bulk of training with the team).

Remember the CL final where Poch made a big mistake by starting Kane who didn't play for weeks because of injury and was basically a no show in our most important game in club history.

The fact that he wants to leave us for them makes me concerned that he wont be at his best. (Plus he has missed a bulk of training with the team).

Remember the CL final where Poch made a big mistake by starting Kane who didn't play for weeks because of injury and was basically a no show in our most important game in club history.
Some part of me agree with you but i still think and hope he will stay professional till the end.

Can't see Kane starting as his preparation is behind the others. I think, unless he is sold, he will be back for Wolves.

I was told that he would miss the first two games of the season, which is City and the European game on the following Thursday. Though the person may have meant the first two league games, I'm not entirely sure.

Do we need a covid jab proof for this game?

Entry requirements for the 2021/22 season​

• Following the Premier League’s announcement, adult supporters should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative test result no more than 48 hours prior to kick-off when attending matches this season
• Entry requirement further ensures the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we welcome capacity crowds for the first time since March 2020
• U18s are exempt and will only require a valid match ticket for entry
• Supporters will be asked to abide by Code of Conduct

Their team is not fully set up yet either, there is nothing to be afraid of. Pep has played 3 matches at New WHL and lost all 3 without scoring a goal, and that was with much better XIs than he will have on Sunday.

If we work hard we can beat them, of course they have fantastic quality but I know that with a full stadium and a fitter, hungrier team than last season we can do it. It's going to be amazing to have the fans cheering them on, I'm expecting a very intense game from us.
Let's hope so

100% correct but there will also be the fact that at this time and as best we know City have not made a bid that shows they value him enough.

It should make him think.

The worst aspect of this is that Kane is under contract to THFC, will receive his mooted 200 grand a week and yet we fear his commitment in this game.

It is a complete travesty..

And of course there are the politics of not playing him if fit.

Nahhh, he’ll won’t then to know what he can bring… brace incoming

Back
Top Bottom