Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku wouldn't have scored a fair old chunk of his tally without him, the way they set up is Martinez runs off the ball creating space for Lukaku, Martinez also dropping deep into the 10 pocket (very Kane'esq).
Yeah exactly. Good team player, goals or no goals

Levy doesn't gamble something like £50m in wages on a 34 year old who's never had a weeknight away game against Burnley.

Interested in joining? Or Interested in picking up an utterly obsurd amount of money that will no doubt cripple us for the length of his contract. It's a dangerous gamble for Spurs.
He could be utterly unbelievable and we jump up 3 levels in 1 season.
Or he could not fancy getting the shit kicked out of him and defences playing 10 men behind the ball.

People may or may not be aware but in Spain, head to head comes before goal difference. So for any team not competing with Barcelona, it doesn't matter if they lose 1-0 or 10-0
In the PL, goal difference matters so weaker teams will shut up shop and just try and keep the score down.
It’s a pointless argument as Messi would never come to PL. he would have to run about, something he doesn’t do that much in Spain. Only springs to life when he gets the ball.

He's not letting this go, is he?
I had never heard of him before the Martinez "scoop" so I suppose he is milking his 10 minutes of fame.
Link doesn't work so maybe his bosses are smacking his bum.
The Telegraph has lost credibility and now maybe The Times, too?
Garry Jacob has been around for an age, a highly respected Journalist. Broke a number of Tottenham stuff in the past, amongst many other club stuff too (although I can't recall off the top of my head which).

Just occurred to me, Lo Celso seems to have played a part in getting Romero in - perhaps we now have agents Romero and Lo Celso working on Marinez?

Could be the South American version of our old Belgian Core!

I think so too, not many top players will want to stay at Inter if they are going to sell everyone decent.
It's funny how silent all the Conte lovers are now, he (with obliging owners) has nearly bankrupted the Club. I think they would be happy for Spurs winning the league once with him blowing a billion for it to then sell all their players the following season and go out of business!

Garry Jacob has been around for an age, a highly respected Journalist. Broke a number of Tottenham stuff in the past, amongst many other club stuff too (although I can't recall off the top of my head which).
Haven't read his article but could it just be old news?

I.e. we did agree a deal but Lukakku through a spanner in the works as has been reported.

1. Old Garry just hadn't been updated on latest developments
2. The denial from Inter is just cover while they try to secure incoming deals on the cheap (Dzeko + Martial)

Take your pick

It does seem odd that if Inter are really that broke that just selling one player fixes it while they start bringing more in.

Either they're not as broke as made out, or they're just stalling for time until replacements are in.

Haven't read his article but could it just be old news?

I.e. we did agree a deal but Lukakku through a spanner in the works as has been reported.

1. Old Garry just hadn't been updated on latest developments
2. The denial from Inter is just cover while they try to secure incoming deals on the cheap (Dzeko + Martial)

Take your pick
The link returned a 500 server error, whatever the fuck that is. But it went with an "exclusive" over 24hrs following the news being broken, so I'm expecting a bit more concrete than previously reported. We'll have to wait and see.

While I’m not at all going to entertain the thought of Messi in my head, it’s so ridiculous I can’t even picture it, I’m surprised to read anybody questioning whether he’d cut it over here.

In my opinion, he could sign for Watford and he’d still instantly be the best midfielder, wider forward and striker in the league, and that’s without running at all.

I have no idea how signor Palmeri could possibly know about such a phone conversation though :cool: 🤔

Can't blame Paratici for wanting to talk to this 'Messi' chap and his representatives directly. He'll need to explain to Paratici why we should let him join our club, and what value he'll bring to the team.

It's funny how silent all the Conte lovers are now, he (with obliging owners) has nearly bankrupted the Club. I think they would be happy for Spurs winning the league once with him blowing a billion for it to then sell all their players the following season and go out of business!
Load of bollocks to be honest, if a club spends its way to bankruptcy, that's on the owner/board. The coaches job is to win games. Conte did his job, the owners have failed in theirs.

While I’m not at all going to entertain the thought of Messi in my head, it’s so ridiculous I can’t even picture it, I’m surprised to read anybody questioning whether he’d cut it over here.

In my opinion, he could sign for Watford and he’d still instantly be the best midfielder, wider forward and striker in the league, and that’s without running at all.
Give Lamela a testimonial and get Ossie on the case, so we at least have a picture of Messi in the shirt. Like Maradona.

There is one thing that confuses me with our potential transfer dealings. So we seem to be after either Martinez of Vlahovic, seems we want Tomayasu and De Vrij and were interested in Messi and a few other players.

Yet the manager who possibly could have made all this come together as a neat package, Conte, wasn't wanted and a decent manager with no track record of success or working with the top players.

I'm a bit stumped.

He's not letting this go, is he?
I had never heard of him before the Martinez "scoop" so I suppose he is milking his 10 minutes of fame.
Link doesn't work so maybe his bosses are smacking his bum.
The Telegraph has lost credibility and now maybe The Times, too?
Iirc he was once outed as an Woolwich fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom