Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will be no sale before Sundays match, more likely soon after.
Probably. Either way I think the club are deliberately leaking it to own the narrative that he's only going because we want rid now, and so we're all braced for it.

Either that or I've known too many politicos and comms people in my life and I'm seeing it everywhere.

I think the interview was worse than what we saw last week.

First of all doing it during the season was massively destabilising - on the eve of what was a really important, crunch game against Villa too.

He actually mentioned specific players from other teams as well - 'De Bruyne will be a striker's dream'. This is a red line in my book.

Then the refusal to take any sort of responsibility whatsoever for his role in the finals he played.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a player, because I held Harry in such high regard. He's no Judas, I don't think we're anywhere a situation like that but it's very much changed my opinion of him. Even if he stays and has a very good season things won't be the same for me.
Absolutely looks to me like his ego has got out of control.

Never thought he was that guy, but hard to deny now.

All the "I deserve trophies" and "its not my fault" stuff he is giving off - its just sad really.

You make it sound like a bad thing. Play him now whilst he's still fearless.
Worked with M'bappe and Rooney, let's get him out there
He may be fearless, but he is also 17 years old.
With the number of games we are likely to play expecting him to be the main forward for a large part of a season would just break him physically. We want him to be ready to become the main man in 2 or maybe 3 years, not now.
We need to sign a top striker now even if Kane stays, but if he leaves then it is the top priority.

All the "I deserve trophies" and "its not my fault" stuff he is giving off - its just sad really.

I don’t think he is very smart unfortunately, he also has his dopey brother as an agent and most likely gets words in his ear all the time from other players about how good he is and it’s all taken over him.

Good on him.

Nuno hasn’t put a foot wrong so far. Really warming to him.

Nice not to have a raging narcissist in charge.

Yeh agreed. I have to admit I was really pissed off when Paratici came in, we got linked with Gatusso as the prime candidate and then when that fell through according to a few media sources we had a choice of either Potter (who the Spurs board wanted and plays very stylish football) or Nuno who Paratici wanted and Paratici got his way.

AVB and Jose football has killed me as a supporter of this club and I was really worried it would be nothing but negative football again but so far the signs are better. Nuno off the pitch has handled himself well and Paratici seems to be getting our transfers done well so more optimistic than before.

Its a ridiculous stance to try and make it about Levy/Enic etc.

You dont have to be a fan of Levy to know what he is like. And we know he doesnt like noise, and doesnt like bullshit in the press destabalising the club.

You can hate him as much as you like, but you can still rely on things like that.

If Kane wasnt due back until now Levy would have killed the noise, simple as that.

That he hasnt said anything, speaks volumes.

What does Levy have to answer for? He has a world class striker with a 3 year contract whom he doesnt want to sell.

Should he just accept whatever City feel like offering and let Kane leave because he feels hard done by?

Levys 'side' will be absolutely simple. Doesnt want to sell, and if he is going to its going to have to be worth it. And like or loathe Levy, thats exactly the stance he should take.

It seems the other sides are:
- City have tapped up a player and are trying to get him to destabalise his club so much they can get him on the cheap
- Kane has had his ego inflated and his head turned and hes gone the way all dickhead footballers do when they want to forget about contracts they signed and get their own way.

Never thought Kane was that guy, but there we have it. Always knew City were that club, and if there was any doubt now everyone can see it.

If you do have to pick a 'side' in this one, it should be Levys - as distasteful as that is for some....

Yeah. You're right. I'm just blinded by my uuter distaste at Levy and Enic

Does anyone know how many days Kane has to isolate for?
How ever many it takes for City to buy him….

Would be funny if we could get one of Kane’s replacement players in (Martinez) before Sunday and he rips City apart while Kane is still “isolating”….That really would start the season of on a high….While the fans sing “he’s one of our own”…..

It’s the little things in life that make it worth it…😂

I find it ironic that a few of us were saying this and yet we were giving dog's abuse.

This club and the the teams Kane has played in have been more than good enough. He has not made the difference top.players are supposed to make. It is that simple.

Bloke has gone rogue.

Last edited:
I find it ironic that a few of us were saying this and yet we were giving dog's abuse.

This club and the the teams Kane has played in have been more than g99d enough. He had not made the difference top.plsyers are supposed to make. It is that simple.

Bloke has gone rogue.

I think the simple truth is people dont want to believe it, or even see it, because he's been an idol to us all this time - hence the negative response.

At this point though, its essentially undeniable, the veil has fallen.

I think he is an incredible player, and even Saturday spent the day defending his game to a gooner who doesnt see what the fuss is about.

BUT, if theres one chink in his armour - it is definitely the question of why he hasnt been a difference maker in the key games.

When we need something, someone to make a difference - Son, Moura - even Alli seem to step up, rarely Kane.

I think this is a legitimate criticism.

Which makes the idea he wants to move to win things really stick in the throat, he could have won things here - no question - if he turned up on the occasion.

Back
Top Bottom