Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was on the phone with my mum for our weekly Sunday chat last night, she told me not to believe everything I read in the news and that Kane isn’t that sort of person 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think the simple truth is people dont want to believe it, or even see it, because he's been an idol to us all this time - hence the negative response.

At this point though, its essentially undeniable, the veil has fallen.

I think he is an incredible player, and even Saturday spent the day defending his game to a gooner who doesnt see what the fuss is about.

BUT, if theres one chink in his armour - it is definitely the question of why he hasnt been a difference maker in the key games.

When we need something, someone to make a difference - Son, Moura - even Alli seem to step up, rarely Kane.

I think this is a legitimate criticism.

Which makes the idea he wants to move to win things really stick in the throat, he could have won things here - no question - if he turned up on the occasion.

Do you really not know why Kane couldn't turn up in big games?

It's usually fitness related, IMO combined with the team setting up to "not lose" rather than win. In a few finals now he's clearly returning from injury.

Its happened enough to be a trend, rather than an excusable "anomoly", IMO.

As I said originally, I think he is an incredible player - and this really is the only real failing I can see in him as a footballer.

Genuine critique, not angry shitposting.

He has had many opportunities for medals here, and never taken them.

Its happened enough to be a trend, rather than an excusable "anomoly", IMO.

As I said originally, I think he is an incredible player - and this really is the only real failing I can see in him as a footballer.

Genuine critique, not angry shitposting.

He has had many opportunities for medals here, and never taken them.
You don't have to tell me mate. He's world class, and arguably the best player in the league, but Rooney, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi etc change these games on their own and that's what sets them apart. Kane has bailed us out in many games, but never does it in the ones that need it most.

I think the interview was worse than what we saw last week.

First of all doing it during the season was massively destabilising - on the eve of what was a really important, crunch game against Villa too.

He actually mentioned specific players from other teams as well - 'De Bruyne will be a striker's dream'. This is a red line in my book.

Then the refusal to take any sort of responsibility whatsoever for his role in the finals he played.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a player, because I held Harry in such high regard. He's no Judas, I don't think we're anywhere a situation like that but it's very much changed my opinion of him. Even if he stays and has a very good season things won't be the same for me.
Kane stating his transfer fee is outrageous and that he decides what happens. This is a guy with 3 years left on his contract yet he is publically stating how much he should be sold for, which is a lowball amount. I was giving him too much credit before. It all falls into place now.

Edit: I should add, that figure is not plucked out of thin air. It is the figure City has told him. It is just disgraceful how disrespectful this guy has been.

I find it ironic that a few of us were saying this and yet we were giving dog's abuse.

This club and the the teams Kane has played in have been more than good enough. He has not made the difference top.players are supposed to make. It is that simple.

Bloke has gone rogue.
That’s true from 2015-2019 but last few years have been a disastrous spiral and that’s not his fault. I get the hump watching Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez etc, you can see why he does too.

You don't have to tell me mate. He's world class, and arguably the best player in the league, but Rooney, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi etc change these games on their own and that's what sets them apart. Kane has bailed us out in many games, but never does it in the ones that need it most.
That’s true, same for Eng too

It's hard to differentiate actual reporting from conjecture the last couple of days.

I've seen a lot of "If Spurs are bidding on Lautaro then Kane must be going" stories in place, but that doesn't make sense. Spurs put in a bid for Lautaro before Kane was even due to arrive back from camp, and if a deal was in place then why would Kane go through that self-defeating exercise last week?

A lot of conjecture at the moment.

That’s true from 2015-2019 but last few years have been a disastrous spiral and that’s not his fault. I get the hump watching Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez etc, you can see why he does too.
I agree. But they were all there when he signed the contract (bar Doherty) and they were all shit then.

Nope not having it. Hate the excuses and teams transition.

Had the first bit been achieved we may not have had the issues of the last 2 years. Kane had his chances. Failed.

Now he wants out but can't even say it.

Wanker.

Nuno is coming out of this fiasco with a lot of credit so far.
I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad thing about Nuno in terms of his personality, ethics or man management. Sure, Mendes(!), but Nuno seems to be a straight forward guy.

He's been dealt an absolute shit hand and he's doing the best he can with it. Hopefully the rest of the squad rewards his efforts on the pitch.

Yeh agreed. I have to admit I was really pissed off when Paratici came in, we got linked with Gatusso as the prime candidate and then when that fell through according to a few media sources we had a choice of either Potter (who the Spurs board wanted and plays very stylish football) or Nuno who Paratici wanted and Paratici got his way.

AVB and Jose football has killed me as a supporter of this club and I was really worried it would be nothing but negative football again but so far the signs are better. Nuno off the pitch has handled himself well and Paratici seems to be getting our transfers done well so more optimistic than before.
I am really hoping that Nuno adapts his tactics to match the squad - supposedly he is much more open to this based on his total experience and not just Wolves. He seems to have done so, based on the recent transfers as well as formation and tactics, but pre-season is pre-season. Hopefully we can see sustained progress over the first half of the year.

In any case, he will have to adapt if Kane is sold, so he won't have a choice.

Back
Top Bottom