Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by positions...

GK : Lloris stays . Hart out. Get a proper 2nd GK and promote from academy for 3rd.

Left Back looks secured - Reguillon & Sess to battle for the LWB positions...with Davies moving to LCB

Right back - Aurier out. Tomiyasu in. If Tomiyasu will have more CB duties, then we clearly need another RB

CB - For me, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies are 3 CBs we got to keep. Loan out Tanganga to a PL club. Dier out. We would need 5 CBs in total with 2 of them able to play in back3 left or right side. If Toby is sold, we will need a leader type CB...

If we sell Toby, we got to buy a leader type experienced CB.

CM - We have to buy a box to box midfielder here. With those who are linked, I like Kessie. Neves though would be my choice. Either one with Hojbjerg, Skipp should give us the much needed solidity. I would sell Winks. If we dont buy anyone, then I would play Lo Celso as one of the CMs.

AM - Son stays. Bergwijn Stays. Dele stays. I would sell Lamela & Lucas and use that to buy Damsgaard. Ndombele if not sold, then plays as further forward as possible.

Striker : If Kane stays...then go get Ings. If Kane doesn't stay, get Ings and Vlahavic or Isak.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm just responding in light of the earlier article which makes no note of the potential need to replace him.

We'll need an ST2 regardless.
If he does go do you think we'll go for a big signing (money wise) replacement like Lukaku or risk someone like Ings?

New to the forum so just wanted to say Hi. Season ticket holder for 16 years. Hoping Levy allows Paratici to manage the football side of things. Hope to see an overhaul this summer as the square definitely needs a revamp - shift the likes of Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela, Sanchez for starters. Need two new CB's who would start (Andersen + Skriniar). And let Scarlett, Skipp, Sessegnon get involved this season.

New to the forum so just wanted to say Hi. Season ticket holder for 16 years. Hoping Levy allows Paratici to manage the football side of things. Hope to see an overhaul this summer as the square definitely needs a revamp - shift the likes of Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela, Sanchez for starters. Need two new CB's who would start (Andersen + Skriniar). And let Scarlett, Skipp, Sessegnon get involved this season.
Yeah yeah stop trying to ingratiate yourself by saying all the right things …… you’re welcome anyway

If he does go do you think we'll go for a big signing (money wise) replacement like Lukaku or risk someone like Ings?

Being realistic; there's only so many 'super-strikers' around atm. Even if we were willing to splash most of his fee on one player; I'm not sure who we'd be likely to attract.

Ings (a sure fire goal return) + a 'next big thing' might not be the worst idea in the world.

Lets say Harry brings in 150m.... Ings 20/30m (last year of his deal) + 'NBF' 50/60m (to coax them out of their current club) + 40/60m on a top CB could work well.

Being realistic; there's only so many 'super-strikers' around atm. Even if we were willing to splash most of his fee on one player; I'm not sure who we'd be likely to attract.

Ings (a sure fire goal return) + a 'next big thing' might not be the worst idea in the world.

Lets say Harry brings in 150m.... Ings 20/30m (last year of his deal) + 'NBF' 50/60m (to coax them out of their current club) + 40/60m on a top CB could work well.

Yes , this is exactly the way to go. Ings gives that required insurance and also would help a Isak or Vlahovic type player to settle and not be under pressure.
Even, if Kane stays, we have to get Ings. 25m would not be bad investment for him

Going by positions...

GK : Lloris stays . Hart out. Get a proper 2nd GK and promote from academy for 3rd.

Left Back looks secured - Reguillon & Sess to battle for the LWB positions...with Davies moving to LCB

Right back - Aurier out. Tomiyasu in. If Tomiyasu will have more CB duties, then we clearly need another RB

CB - For me, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies are 3 CBs we got to keep. Loan out Tanganga to a PL club. Dier out. We would need 5 CBs in total with 2 of them able to play in back3 left or right side. If Toby is sold, we will need a leader type CB...

If we sell Toby, we got to buy a leader type experienced CB.

CM - We have to buy a box to box midfielder here. With those who are linked, I like Kessie. Neves though would be my choice. Either one with Hojbjerg, Skipp should give us the much needed solidity. I would sell Winks. If we dont buy anyone, then I would play Lo Celso as one of the CMs.

AM - Son stays. Bergwijn Stays. Dele stays. I would sell Lamela & Lucas and use that to buy Damsgaard. Ndombele if not sold, then plays as further forward as possible.

Striker : If Kane stays...then go get Ings. If Kane doesn't stay, get Ings and Vlahavic or Isak.
Ings?
Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom