Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
A shortlist for a new employee usually comes about from a large number of applicants being whittled down to a short list of which the best candidate is selected (from those who applied). So the shortlist should be the final round of the best candidates.

THFC shortlist is based on people that didn't want the fucking job to start with :mourbringit:

Even on Portugal people who don’t know much about Tottenham talk how much of a mess the club seems

It is kind of funny though that our reputation as a banter club is global. Wasn’t long ago under Poch we looked one of the most professional outfits in the league, what a come down.

Iv messaged before that Maxie Miller told me on LinkedIn it’s def gonna be Martinez,anyway I messaged him again + asked is he still sure + he sent me a…👍
I think once Nagelsman Ten Hag and Rodgers were out of the question Martinez was the number one target for Levy and something has been verbally agreed for weeks. Martinez has refused to talk about the Spurs vacancy when asked. Just get used to it peeps

I'm saying odds change mostly on betting patterns. They went low because a lot of people read we were in talks. That went quiet so people stopped betting and now the odds are drifting again.

That's how odds work. They're long until people start betting and the bookies stand to lose so they lower them.
That is generally how odds work, but I would not be surprised if SkyBet also use info to get 'ahead of' the gamblers.
For example, how could Nuno go from 11/10 to 12/1 so quickly? Are you really suggesting that loads of gamblers bet a lot of money on all other candidates?

Do you have a link to it handy?
I don't normally listen but a mate tipped me off that the latest The Last Word on Spurs podcast is worth a listen. The bloke from Lilywhite Rose absolutely nails our situation in the first 10 mins or so. Most accuarate thing i've heard on this whole debacle.
True. Lilywhite Rose is one of the best when summarising the mood of the fanbase snd current situation. Raj Bains rant on the last Rule The Roost regarding Kane and Man City was also one of the best I’ve heard deconstructing the myth about City.

I'm at the point where I'd accept Martinez. I'm a disgrace to mankind :(

Which shows that Comrade Levy and co have done their jobs well - destroying my hopes, ambitions and dreams :(

Manipulative cunts - it was planned from the beginning I tell ya!

That is generally how odds work, but I would not be surprised if SkyBet also use info to get 'ahead of' the gamblers.
For example, how could Nuno go from 11/10 to 12/1 so quickly? Are you really suggesting that loads of gamblers bet a lot of money on all other candidates?

The fact reports were emanating yesterday about Nuno going to Fernabache, and the gambling addicts putting their money on that would have seen our odds drift.
I think more likely is that a lot of the news is made up by the gambling companies to get the gambling addicts to part with their money.

We have no one. We don't seem to be getting close to getting anyone. Anyone worth getting is now off the table.
Ergo, at this rate, Martinez is looking like the best of a bad bunch.
We could still end up with Mason.

Back
Top Bottom