Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why are you guys still paying attention to the betting odds? They've been all over the place for months and have not shown to be a good indicator at all of what we are doing.
They aren’t a good indicator of who will be manager, but are a good indicator of who WON’T be.

Otherwise, SkyBet could lose tonnes of cash. If Nuno really is the favourite, but he’s 12/1, surely anyone could make a killing.

Hiring Martinez is simply treading water until he's sacked for being fucking terrible.

He hasn’t been awful for Belgium but he had a half decent squad at Everton and it was a total and complete collapse at the end, their defending was one of the most embarrassing periods I have seen in this league, it was very comical. It’s this memory that is what troubles so many fans about his appointment, Martinez’s defensive management combined with Dier and Sanchez.

You guy have probably discussed the possibility, but I've been wondering for a while if there's interest in Roberto Mancini, and then stumbled across an article quoting Micah Richards questioning why us and Everton aren't in for him.

Considering all the others we've been linked with, this is the one I'd be least unhappy about.

The delay could be because our real target is currently at the Euros (please not Martinez), or just down to incompetence...

He hasn’t been awful for Belgium but he had a half decent squad at Everton and it was a total and complete collapse at the end, their defending was one of the most embarrassing periods I have seen in this league, it was very comical. It’s this memory that is what troubles so many fans about his appointment, Martinez’s defensive management combined with Dier and Sanchez.
For me it was his shit-eating grin after we beat Wigan 9-1. Lost all respect for him. He should have been openly livid.

I cant think of one worse,and i am trying.
I am roping this manager "recruitment" in with the ESL.It has been a disaster.
Being given Frazier Campbell on loan to replace Berbatov who was practically kidnapped by Ferguson when we tried to sell him to Citeh. That was more embarrassing. The 2 transfer windows without a signing when the team was soooo close to being something truly special. The one where Redknapps team were on the cusp of something special so we reinforced it with louis saha and ryan nelson. That was more embarrassing.

Just think now managers are turning us down due to the fiasco that has transpired over last 2 months. Put everyone off. Also they know eventually levy will sack them. Need to hire someone who has affinity to club.
He won the cup with Wigan + took them down.Did nothing with Everton + could win the Euros (hope not as he’s playing my lot on Friday 🇮🇹) Anyone know what the Belgian football fans think of him?
Forza Italia

Iv messaged before that Maxie Miller told me on LinkedIn it’s def gonna be Martinez,anyway I messaged him again + asked is he still sure + he sent me a…👍
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Relegated Wigan. Hounded out of Everton. Shrugs at Swansea. And has won nothing with the #1 ranked international team.

#notobobbybrownshoes

He played for Wigan. He played for Swansea and he played for Chester. Fuck off and manage Chester. His only tenuous link to us is we smashed 8 goals past one of his teams in 45 minutes. No. Just no. The only word to sum this man up is “inconsistent”. And that’s the last thing we now need.

Last edited:
Being given Frazier Campbell on loan to replace Berbatov who was practically kidnapped by Ferguson when we tried to sell him to Citeh. That was more embarrassing. The 2 transfer windows without a signing when the team was soooo close to being something truly special. The one where Redknapps team were on the cusp of something special so we reinforced it with louis saha and ryan nelson. That was more embarrassing.

I'm reading this as...

Sacrifice fan contentment for personal growth occasion #1

Sacrifice fan contentment for personal growth occasion #2

Sacrifice fan contentment for personal growth occasion #3

Sacrifice fan contentment for personal growth occasion #4

I'm sensing a theme here?

Even on Portugal people who don’t know much about Tottenham talk how much of a mess the club seems

We have always been a bit like this though. Moving from target to target in the hope of getting the best deal in term of price/wages although this time it feels like we have fucked over so many we are left scrapping the barrel.

Levy is to me from the outside a tactician and not a strategist when it comes to football, he looks at the small short term moves and not the wider picture. It makes us look like we haven’t a clue what we are doing and to some degree we don’t, we are opportunists but this time with limited opportunities and It’s Levy’s pathological way of doing things, he can no more change than Jose can change and become a progressive manager.

The Frazier Campbell fiasco was simply disgusting. Levy was made to look like a fucking imbecile.

The reason we havent got anyone is Levy
No decent Manager with any sense will work with him.
Who wants to work for a tight fisted interfering fool (levy)
They know they will get the blame for everything and Levy just moves onto the next one.
Whichever poor sap gets the job it wont end well.
Levy needs to fuck off

So are you saying Nuno does have a good shot?
In which chase, you could simply bet on Nuno and potentially make a lot of money?

I don’t think SkyBet would take such a big risk to lose money for no reason.
I'm saying odds change mostly on betting patterns. They went low because a lot of people read we were in talks. That went quiet so people stopped betting and now the odds are drifting again.

That's how odds work. They're long until people start betting and the bookies stand to lose so they lower them.

Back
Top Bottom