Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this situation really worse than the Ramos situation in the early part of the 08/09 season? We had an incompetent manager on a £5m a year salary, a team of expensive flops who could barely string two passes together and a goalkeeper who looked like we signed him from the local circus instead of one of the best clubs in Europe. I'm not sure which was the absolute low point because there were so many embarrassing moments:

1) the 2-1 home defeat to Aston Villa where our goal went in from a deflection off our £16.5m striker
2) the defeat at Stoke where we had two defenders sent off and one defender injured thanks to a collision with our own goalkeeper
3) Ramos's final game against Udinese in the UEFA Cup where Gomes was sent off after about 15 minutes.

I remember people coming up to me in the street when they saw me in my Tottenham shirt and saying "How can you wear that?"

The current situation isn't as bad as that.

Yet.

Let's see where we are after 8 games of next season.

I think Levy has had a hard-on for Martinez for a while, it was the same with Mourinho though - he's letting his personal admiration for these managers cloud his judgement in regards to what is actually best for the club going forwards.

Got everything crossed he is just winding you up.

Martinez is shite, disaster written all over it. There arent many Id prefer less than him.
He won the cup with Wigan + took them down.Did nothing with Everton + could win the Euros (hope not as he’s playing my lot on Friday 🇮🇹) Anyone know what the Belgian football fans think of him?

Back
Top Bottom