Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it has been fairly obvious for some time that it will be someone currently managing a team at the Euros. Unfortunately.

klemml1ramgevl0mkrhn.jpg

Iv messaged before that Maxie Miller told me on LinkedIn it’s def gonna be Martinez,anyway I messaged him again + asked is he still sure + he sent me a…👍
Last man standing isn't he and cheap to buy out the 1 year of his contract. They better not try and dress it up with 'its who we always wanted'. Only scenario it not being him now is if the situation changes at PSG in the next few days.

I cant think of one worse,and i am trying.
I am roping this manager "recruitment" in with the ESL.It has been a disaster.

Is this situation really worse than the Ramos situation in the early part of the 08/09 season? We had an incompetent manager on a £5m a year salary, a team of expensive flops who could barely string two passes together and a goalkeeper who looked like we signed him from the local circus instead of one of the best clubs in Europe. I'm not sure which was the absolute low point because there were so many embarrassing moments:

1) the 2-1 home defeat to Aston Villa where our goal went in from a deflection off our £16.5m striker
2) the defeat at Stoke where we had two defenders sent off and one defender injured thanks to a collision with our own goalkeeper
3) Ramos's final game against Udinese in the UEFA Cup where Gomes was sent off after about 15 minutes.

I remember people coming up to me in the street when they saw me in my Tottenham shirt and saying "How can you wear that?"

Is this situation really worse than the Ramos situation in the early part of the 08/09 season? We had an incompetent manager on a £5m a year salary, a team of expensive flops who could barely string two passes together and a goalkeeper who looked like we signed him from the local circus instead of one of the best clubs in Europe. I'm not sure which was the absolute low point because there were so many embarrassing moments:

1) the 2-1 home defeat to Aston Villa where our goal went in from a deflection off our £16.5m striker
2) the defeat at Stoke where we had two defenders sent off and one defender injured thanks to a collision with our own goalkeeper
3) Ramos's final game against Udinese in the UEFA Cup where Gomes was sent off after about 15 minutes.

I remember people coming up to me in the street when they saw me in my Tottenham shirt and saying "How can you wear that?"
Thats on field issues though, it happens. Whats going on now shows how we're run and its not pretty.

I think it has been fairly obvious for some time that it will be someone currently managing a team at the Euros. Unfortunately.
I know most managers have a narcissistic belief in their own talents but , in reality who would want to go to a club where you know that your hands will be tied in regard of freshening up the squad & a chairman who has a history of interfering
We’re in the realms of Steve McClaren & Aladyce who are just looking for the next payday.
Personally , I think you’d be mad if you thought you could change the toxicity of the way the club is run, under ENIC you’re on to a hiding to nothing.

Well it certainly feels worse to me.
That was a bad patch, but we bounced back from that under Harry,and went on to have some good times a year or so later.
This is the end of two bad patches imho,and i cant see us bouncing back!Not yet anyway.
There's no Harry out there who can bring back a feel good factor,not one i can see anyway.Maybe Levy will shock us and pull something out the fire,but i am not holding my breath :)

Back
Top Bottom