Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give this a like - not because I hate Lucas or think he's poor, but he is limited and relies on pace and at the age of 28 that'll begin to decline and his value will drop through the floor.

If we get a big-ish offer, we should absolutely take it.
Doesn’t need to be big’ish, if someone is willing to match his current wage and can offer first team football, force him out. We need a massive cull, just get this lot gone

Meh, he puts the graft it when he's on the pitch - there are others who should be prioritised for the chop over Lucas in my opinion.
Agree but it doesn’t work like that. I can’t imagine suitors will be tumbling over themselves to secure Sissoko and Aurier etc so just firesale the lot. I couldn’t care less who goes first, toss a match on the bonfire and let them all run away in no particular order

I'll give this a like - not because I hate Lucas or think he's poor, but he is limited and relies on pace and at the age of 28 that'll begin to decline and his value will drop through the floor.

If we get a big-ish offer, we should absolutely take it.
Yeah, we need money to bring in starters and he can fetch 15m, maybe a little more. Talented player and good attitude but time to move him on along with five or six others.

Will be gutted if Moura goes. In the last couple of years he has been our best player apart from Kane and maybe Son. In my opinion.
I'd actually have to agree

And I think he has been nothing more than bang average most of that time

Shows just how poor everyone else has been

How many Italian players are going to be linked with now!?!?

With the Italian press and Football Insider leading the charge on made up bullshit.

There are hardly any Italian players in the PL, they almost never come here. Certainly not the good ones. I doubt we will sign one just because of Paratici.

I can only think of Jorginho and Ogbonna who currently play in the PL.

going for old past it players. are we back to 2008. holy hell.
but what are we after here? Some are adamant they want Conte, doesn't that necessitate players at the top of their game or seasoned professionals who are ready to hit the ground running for a short-term return.

Conte is unlikely to join for a five year development project. So what do people want?

If it's Ten hag, then it's likely to be a longer rebuild and development project. This has been our model in recent years. Jose was meant to be a quick shot in the arm but it failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom