Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

they say when a manager has lost the dressing room or is past his sell but date he needs to go. Levy has is long past this, remember we can’t change the owner but the chairman can be changed. Makes you wonder what Levy has to fuck up more for Joe to think he is losing value in his asset because of his chairman’s constant errors.

After the ESL and now this humiliation it’s the first time I have seen almost no one defend him. We even used to have people defend him when he tried to move the club to Stratford but it’s completely turned now.
They'll start coming out of the woodwork in the next few days.
The pattern is becoming predictable.
The braver ones test the water first with a few subtle comments. Then one by one the others start to emerge.

Is anyone actually surprised though?

This is textbook Levy

I am Anti-Levy but yes I am surprised by that for a few reasons.

One, the quote is pretty vague "part of the funds from the Kane sale" could mean almost anything. So it isn't much of a promise, although I think it must have been more of a specific amount for it to be rejected.

Two, I think Levy does want to maintain a certain level of standard for the club. He doesn't want to just take all the money and spend zero. He wants to spend the least amount possible to get top 4 but I think he does want top 4 every year because of the value that CL brings. To do that even an idiot like him has to understand that in selling Kane that money needs to be reinvested to get a team that can compete for top 4. Unless the ESL falling apart, although I don't think it is over, has changed his view top 4 and CL money is still the goal for him and you don't get there if you sell Kane and pocket the money.

Can somebody compile a list which shows all of ENIC and Levys failures since taking over the club? I think we need to organise a protest/petition with the supporters all signing it and share it via social media platforms and try and get Levy dismissed on the grounds of negligence and incompetence. Also for lying to and misleading the supporters.
I did one a few days ago, although it only really scratched the surface.

The 10 criteria of Doing it the Right way

1) Openly admit from the start that you're only involved because football is under exploited and you see it as the biggest money spinner.

2) Be a multi-billionaire but rather than invest a penny of your wealth in your football club invest in modern art and superyachts.

3) Attempt to destroy your clubs history by moving it to another manor

4) Routinely sell the clubs best players when they reach peak value

5) Smash the world record for annual profits while overseeing chronic under investment in the playing squad.

6) Become trailblazers in the transfer market by becoming the first club in any major league to fail to sign a single player in the Summer transfer window.

7) Back the above achievment up by failing to sign a single player in the following winter transfer window.

8) Invite the tv cameras to pry into the inner sanctum of the dressing room to make a few quid. Despite the protestations of your over achieving manager.

9) Sack a regular trophy winning manager 6 days before.....a cup final.....to save a few bob on compensation.

10) Charge your supporters rip off, unparralelled ticket prices for an end of season dead rubber and park them as far away from the pitch as possible for advertising revenue.

11) Win just 1 Carling cup in over 20 years

Thats 11, I know. And I could go on.

ENIC. DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY

12) Pay your CEO the highest boardroom salary in the Premier League.

I subsequently added another half dozen or so over the following pages.

They'll start coming out of the woodwork in the next few days.
The pattern is becoming predictable.
The braver ones test the water first with a few subtle comments. Then one by one the others start to emerge.

They have already been out in the Conte thread and manager thread suggesting it was Conte making unrealistic demands and that Levy has to protect the club from demands that he made that could have "damaged" the club.

Expectations! Despite all the anti Levy comments did the anti Levy brigade really believe that the club would agree to Conte's known spending plans? What I failed to understand was all the so called in the Knows saying it would happen.
I really never expected this to take off and did not change my vote. Now Conte will have to find a club that can meet his spending demands and need a change in Manager and I cannot think of one.
I do hope we get the DOF and we will have to hope he can sort this out.

Expectations! Despite all the anti Levy comments did the anti Levy brigade really believe that the club would agree to Conte's known spending plans? What I failed to understand was all the so called in the Knows saying it would happen.
I really never expected this to take off and did not change my vote. Now Conte will have to find a club that can meet his spending demands and need a change in Manager and I cannot think of one.
Again, for me its not about Conte. I didn't particulaly want him. Its about the process. Levy made a statement about our DNA and about young players so what on earth was the point making us even more of a laughing stock and wasting a valuable week on an unsuitable manager? The world and his wife knows Conte is a big budget, win now with experienced players type of manager. I wasn't ENIC out until a few months ago. I am now because its one terrible decision after another.

You don’t start talks with a lunatic high spending genius unless you can for fill his wishes. You don’t raise fan expectations at getting someone and the big investment that has to come with it unless you are serious.

We know what Conte is, he is not an unknown. Levy should not have gone near him unless he has £200m to invest and willing to hand the keys to the club over for the duration of his tenure.

Lets put it out there.

Whoever still supports ENIC and Daniel Levy, put your name here.

When myself and others were in a tiny minority voicing our disgust, we still stood up for our beliefs.
Lets see you all show the same conviction now the tide has turned.
They're literally gooner enemies of the club now - let their names be known!

I thought there was the possibility with the ESL falling through and us falling down the table that Levy might be willing to change his ways, even if just short term, to try and get the club back into top 4 consideration.

Lets put it out there.

Whoever still supports ENIC and Daniel Levy, put your name here.

When myself and others were in a tiny minority voicing our disgust, we still stood up for our beliefs.
Lets see you all show the same conviction now the tide has turned.

They will not admit it and just try to spin it to say that they don't hate everything Levy does. They will say they are angry that we haven't done as well as we could have while making excuses for Levy. Say that we need to do better while talking about how great Levy has done for us.

Free food prematch?

pretty hollow gesture when you consider we are charging almost double every other club in the league for the ticket

There is no defending the clubs decision on this and I really don't get why anyone would even try to defend them

even if you idolise Enic it should be clear to see they have got this one horribly wrong

But we're the only club of the twenty charging £60 and showing not an ounce of goodwill to the fans.

If there was one person on here to defend it, I suppose it had to be you.

Do you have no morals at all?
I was wondering who ate all the pies......

Back
Top Bottom