Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's scored 4 goals in his last 7 games, which is not bad for someone who has apparently totally lost it.

This level of criticism would make sense if we were controlling the games, and Son was missing sitters etc. Given Son has received more criticism than Reguilon on TFC today, it feels like scapegoating to me.
There's no doubt Son's best quality is clinical finishing. Stats show he has highest goal/xG conversion percentage in Europe since 2015 by miles.

But in the past few months, I don't think we've been controlling games or creating many chances.
When Jose was manager our mindset was too defensive. We relied too much on one strategy of Kane dropping deep and sending a through ball to Son, but soon teams realised this and blocked it off.

Then Mason came in and tried to promote an attacking mindset, but by dropping KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy he ensured we don't have any creativity in our midfield. There is no point in having a clinical forward in your team if no midfielder makes incisive passes.
Even Bergwijn's great goal today came from a Villa mistake. Kane has scored 3 goals in his last 7 games, and 2 of them were assisted to him by horrific Michael Keane errors.

Click on this thread:
Given Kane wants to leave, is it wise to sell both the #1 and #2 most clinical finishers in Europe at the same time?
Kudos to you for replying but he was gash tonight and yes he pops up with the odd goal but as soon as he gets the ball you know what’s going to happen
A couple of stepovers and he passes the ball backwards
Shadow of the player he used to be

Son is a streaky player, but is still the 4th highest scorer in the PL.

We have Son on 17 and Kane on 22 - Chelsea's highest is on 7.

It's pretty obvious that we were poorly managed this season.

Kudos to you for replying but he was gash tonight and yes he pops up with the odd goal but as soon as he gets the ball you know what’s going to happen
A couple of stepovers and he passes the ball backwards
Shadow of the player he used to be
This is true; he is way too risk averse and passing back too much, appears to have lost his confidence.
But regardless, ideally I want Son to be the one making the run and getting on the end of creative passes; instead our shit midfield do nothing.

This is true; he is way too risk averse and passing back too much, appears to have lost his confidence.
But regardless, ideally I want Son to be the one making the run and getting on the end of creative passes; instead our shit midfield do nothing.
Any midfield with Wanks in it will be shit

It is pretty obvious we have no top 4 defenders in our entire squad but yes keep blaming the manager.
Top 4 defenders ? I don’t think Tottenham have any premier league defenders full stop. Toby busted, Dier laughable, Regulion is trash, Aurier is mad, Sanchez £42m pounds :levywtf: Doherty, Tanganga. Christ even Sheffield United wouldn’t pick any of them in combination. Awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom