Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the only reason id consider keeping son is to play him as a striker if kane goes. he needs to be left to be as direct as possible otherwise hes pretty useless. playing him out wide against a side that get men behind the ball is so dumb. ideally get 60-80 mill for him and replace him with grealish, proper player who can play in any type of game.

I said to sell son months ago and got laughed at. Guy is proper hit and miss and isn’t worth his valuation. Take the money and run. Good player that’s entered his peak and heading into the twilight years of his career

Danny ings is 28 and injury prone. I’d aggressively move for Tammy Abraham
We already have far too many players who don't give a fuck and only want to work when they have the ball at their feet.
Tammy Abraham would cost at least twice as much as Ings and would probably give us 50% less workrate and goals that Ings would give us.
We already have a squad that think it is beneath them to give 100% game after game they are gutless.

100% sell for around £60 million.
Buy Danny Ings and a good centre half and the team is better straight away.
I can't even remember the last time he actually took a player on the man is a coward
If it is true that City want to throw Jesus our way as a make weight for Kane. I would probably consider it (depending on how much money the rest of the fee would be of course). And chuck him into Son's current role.

Son looks a shadow of his former self. It hurts to say but it is true.

If it is true that City want to throw Jesus our way as a make weight for Kane. I would probably consider it (depending on how much money the rest of the fee would be of course). And chuck him into Son's current role.

Son looks a shadow of his former self. It hurts to say but it is true.
Jesus would not even get into double figures in goals at Spurs.
He scores very few in a team that creates around 10 good chances in every game.
PS if Harry does go to City Alan Shearer's premier goals record will be blown away within 2-3 seasons he will score at least 35 league goals a season.

When was his last decent game for us?

sometime in 2020???
He's scored 4 goals in his last 7 games, which is not bad for someone who has apparently totally lost it.

This level of criticism would make sense if we were controlling the games, and Son was missing sitters etc. Given Son has received more criticism than Reguilon on TFC today, it feels like scapegoating to me.
There's no doubt Son's best quality is clinical finishing. Stats show he has highest goal/xG conversion percentage in Europe since 2015 by miles.

But in the past few months, I don't think we've been controlling games or creating many chances.
When Jose was manager our mindset was too defensive. We relied too much on one strategy of Kane dropping deep and sending a through ball to Son, but soon teams realised this and blocked it off.

Then Mason came in and tried to promote an attacking mindset, but by dropping KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy he ensured we don't have any creativity in our midfield. There is no point in having a clinical forward in your team if no midfielder makes incisive passes.
Even Bergwijn's great goal today came from a Villa mistake. Kane has scored 3 goals in his last 7 games, and 2 of them were assisted to him by horrific Michael Keane errors.

Click on this thread:
Given Kane wants to leave, is it wise to sell both the #1 and #2 most clinical finishers in Europe at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom