Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely, but what bothers me the most is his refusal to make changes that we were painfully in need of. When we came out at half time with the same team we knew it was over. More stubborn than Jose.
he probably didnt want to make the changes at half time because it would be admitting hes absolutely clueless. watching winks make us a man down in midfield is already a painful watch...then you see what could pass as his brother as the manager...what a fucking weak, soft and pathetic club we are

For some reasons the pundits love him. No matter how badly he plays he routinely gets praised. He probably believes the shite that the ex footballers (who aren’t good enough to manage) say.
Half these pundits talk bollocks, the only time they watch Spurs is if they cover a game and then it's easy to come out with lame cliches about possession and ball-retention.

Those of us watching the team every week for the last 5 years know he's a terrible excuse for a midfielder. Today was yet another example of that. It's best for him and the club he goes and plays at a lower level that suits him.

For some reasons the pundits love him. No matter how badly he plays he routinely gets praised. He probably believes the shite that the ex footballers (who aren’t good enough to manage) say.
That boils my piss. When he came on in the last game the co comms said he brings a calming presence to the midfield.
:mourwhat:

I understand blaming a player for being lazy (Adebayor), but what's the point of blaming them for being shit?

I feel bad for Winks more than anything.
But when you're big mouthing about your deluded frustration to the press to pressure on the manager, it's a different ball game. Now we have a clueless PE teacher at helm, that pressure actually works, and gaining Winks undeserved game time. It's reasonable for the "hatred" (not really, just frustration) from the fan to endure this deluded shit show.

Last edited:
Well he shouldn't be doing that even if he's playing well.

I dunno, who gives a shit what the papers say.
If anyone would think the same, that would be so simple. Unfortunately, as we have suspected, Levy has been playing FM, to keep players against manager's plan even under Poch. Media likes to stick at knife into Spurs, and having deluded players who likes to vent frustration to the press does have certain negative impact

The club needs to buy up all the master tapes of this game and pay Google to scrub it from the Internet, anyone who watches this game wouldn't pay this guy more than 2k a week. He looked like some bum from the National League North we'd given a trial to. I've got this horrible feeling we're gonna get lumbered with him till his contract runs out.

Cos he's actually been decent whilst playing for England believe it or not. Before the emergence of Mount, he was Southgates favourite to play alongside Rice/Henderson. He actually played the ball through the lines and was the starting point for many of Englands attacks when he played.

Which begs the question why has he been so shite for us for the last year and a half

Cos he's actually been decent whilst playing for England believe it or not. Before the emergence of Mount, he was Southgates favourite to play alongside Rice/Henderson. He actually played the ball through the lines and was the starting point for many of Englands attacks when he played.

Which begs the question why has he been so shite for us for the last year and a half
I watch every England game and don't have the same memory. Remember England plays league 2 level teams most of the time.

But when you're big mouthing about your deluded frustration to the press to pressure on the manager, it's a different ball game. Now we have a clueless PE teacher at helm, that pressure actually works, and gaining Winks undeserved game time. It's reasonable for "hatred" (not really just frustration) from the fan to endure this deluded shit show.

How's this for a crazy theory...

Mason isn't playing Winks because they are mates. But because he knows when Winks gets mugged by a manager he runs crying to Levy or the press.

The fans are so cranky with Levy that he feels he has a free hand to lose the remaining games unscathed. But having the players come out and cunt him off like they did with Poch and Jose would be a bit of a disaster for his longevity at the club.

Back
Top Bottom