Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the first half of the season Son's blistering performances were easy on the eye. I didn't think anything could slow it down, and that this was going to be some insane season for him.

However, this team has a Kane agenda where attackers defer to him way too much, and Kane is happy to oblige. He's a phenomenal finisher so he needs the chances. But it has come at a cost to Son, and I think it's only fair people acknowledge that. I can't count the number of times I wish he would just shoot rather than pass, and the number of times his runs don't get picked out by Lamela or Kane in favor of their own forced shots.

I dunno, I could be all wrong.

And yet he's played the most minutes of any attacking player for them this season. They are insanely loaded at those positions, they have no need to spend silly money adding Son to the mix.

They lack a Kane.

Son has the highest attacking points in the PL after Kane if you dont count penalties.. and yet he's still considered inferior to many top players by many brainless ppl for some reasons.

Yeah, he could walk into a ton of top teams. Probably on higher wages than we would offer too.

But would they offer as long term a deal? Maybe not. Would they be willing to splash out a huge transfer fee on a 29 year old to make it happen this summer? Maybe not. Would he be a nailed-on starter and central figure the way Kane would assuredly be basically anywhere? Maybe not.

Make no mistake, Sonny is a global star and an extremely in-demand player. But Spurs are a big and rich club and should be able to make him a very significant offer.

Lol please. We are not "rich". Look at the salaries our players are getting. And no one will consider us "big" when we are not qualified for anything.

In the first half of the season Son's blistering performances were easy on the eye. I didn't think anything could slow it down, and that this was going to be some insane season for him.

However, this team has a Kane agenda where attackers defer to him way too much, and Kane is happy to oblige. He's a phenomenal finisher so he needs the chances. But it has come at a cost to Son, and I think it's only fair people acknowledge that. I can't count the number of times I wish he would just shoot rather than pass, and the number of times his runs don't get picked out by Lamela or Kane in favor of their own forced shots.

It's not bc of Kane but bc of Reguilon who forces Son to cover his spot for defense more than needed. There has been WAY too many matches where Son spent more time in our third than Reguilon did.

Last edited:
And yet he's played the most minutes of any attacking player for them this season. They are insanely loaded at those positions, they have no need to spend silly money adding Son to the mix.

They lack a Kane.
Let’s be honest, they don’t need Kane or Son to win. I’m not sure how much incrementally better they’d get by signing Kane.

What they don’t have at the moment is Winks or Sissoko. That’s what they’re lacking.

Lol with Sterlings abysmal finishing, zson would start 100% over Sterling. There are not three attacking players on City that would start over Son.
Son would walk into any starting XI in the world, minus Brazil or France.
Son fully belongs in that group of elite City attackers. Save De Bruyne he might be the best of them. But he'd be one of them, part of the rotation, he doesn't totally transcend or change the group the way Kane would as the line-leading #9.

And that being the case, they have no reason to spunk some eye-watering fee for a player who will be 29 years old at the start of next season.

Liverpool already have Salah and Mane. He doesn't exactly fit with Neymar and Mbappe as a trio. Maybe he could replace Ronaldo at Juve? Can they afford him?

It's harder to see that perfect fit on the guaranteed trophy machine that would steer his eye away from a monster deal at Tottenham. In theory. Wouldn't shock me at all if he left, I guess with Kane its gotten to the point that I'd be surprised if he stayed.

Son fully belongs in that group of elite City attackers. Save De Bruyne he might be the best of them. But he'd be one of them, part of the rotation, he doesn't totally transcend or change the group the way Kane would as the line-leading #9.

And that being the case, they have no reason to spunk some eye-watering fee for a player who will be 29 years old at the start of next season.

Liverpool already have Salah and Mane. He doesn't exactly fit with Neymar and Mbappe as a trio. Maybe he could replace Ronaldo at Juve? Can they afford him?

It's harder to see that perfect fit on the guaranteed trophy machine that would steer his eye away from a monster deal at Tottenham. In theory. Wouldn't shock me at all if he left, I guess with Kane its gotten to the point that I'd be surprised if he stayed.

What "monster deal"? Even Kane is not getting paid enough. Wake up. We cant afford to offer any "monster" deals to anyone.

And I bet Son and Kane dont give a shit abt money. Being unable to compete in any top tournaments in their prime is the biggest problem to them, imo.. Not to mention... being unable to win anything.

What "monster deal"? Even Kane is not getting paid enough. Wake up. We cant afford to offer any "monster" deals to anyone.

Kane's current deal is worth 90m quid. If that's not a monster deal; I'm not sure what is.

Levy - Sorry Kane, no trophies, no champions league = no bonus this year.

Kane - But boss, I played well. I'm getting golden boot. It's not my fault Ndombele is a dud.

Levy - Read the small print. You signed it.

Kane - My mates said I could go and play with them in Manchester instead. I'm taking my match ball and leaving.

Levy - You have take the match ball when you score a hattrick. Right now Bale has the match ball.

Kane - How much are you paying Bale?

Levy - Its about the same as your bonus would have been had you scored when it mattered.

Kane - Right, that's it. I'm calling my brother on you.

Kane's current deal is worth 90m quid. If that's not a monster deal; I'm not sure what is.

Kane - But boss, I played well. I'm getting golden boot. It's not my fault Ndombele is a dud.

Kane - My mates said I could go and play with them in Manchester instead. I'm taking my match ball and leaving.

Levy - You have take the match ball when you score a hattrick. Right now Bale has the match ball.

Levy - Its about the same as your bonus would have been had you scored when it mattered.

Look at the salaries of some players at Manchester City and Manchester United.

It's not a "monster" deal for Kane when his salary is way less than them.

Back to my original point.. money is not the reason they want to leave if they are really planning to leave.

Look at the salaries of some players at Manchester City and Manchester United.

It's not a "monster" deal for Kane when his salary is way less than them.

Back to my original point.. money is not the reason they want to leave if they are really planning to leave.

Well, Kane is on 200k a week + Bonus; worth around another 150k a week potentially. So he is VERY well paid at Spurs. If he was out of contract he could command 300-400k a week; but he's not. He will likely cost over 80m and combined with salary and lack of resale value means he is a VERY expensive prospect for any club.

City
Only De Bryne, Aguero and Sterling are on more than that - and they were signed YEARS AGO.

Most City players on 80-120 per week (Same as Spurs)

United
United are in a more stupid position. Paying De Gea, Pogba and Martial silly money during their desperation to rebuild. With no transfer fee, Cavani at 200k a week seems reasonable and Rashford is their new poster boy.

Liverpool
Kane is paid more than Salah, Van Dyke, Firmino, Mane. They are paying 200k to Thiago; but with no transfer fee this justifies that.

Well, Kane is on 200k a week + Bonus; worth around another 150k a week potentially. So he is VERY well paid at Spurs. If he was out of contract he could command 300-400k a week; but he's not. He will likely cost over 80m and combined with salary and lack of resale value means he is a VERY expensive prospect for any club.

City
Only De Bryne, Aguero and Sterling are on more than that - and they were signed YEARS AGO.

Most City players on 80-120 per week (Same as Spurs)

United
United are in a more stupid position. Paying De Gea, Pogba and Martial silly money during their desperation to rebuild. With no transfer fee, Cavani at 200k a week seems reasonable and Rashford is their new poster boy.

Liverpool
Kane is paid more than Salah, Van Dyke, Firmino, Mane. They are paying 200k to Thiago; but with no transfer fee this justifies that.

How the hell are the dippers paying 100M more than us a season on wages? Are the costs of the doping drugs included in that I wonder...

0pb9mr0nbtx61.png

How the hell are the dippers paying 100M more than us a season on wages? Are the costs of the doping drugs included in that I wonder...

0pb9mr0nbtx61.png

Not sure what the source of data is; but Spurs annual wage bill is 130m, Liverpool 135m.

Maybe Liverpool paid out a lot of bonus's for the Champs League and EPL wins?

Not sure what the source of data is; but Spurs annual wage bill is 130m, Liverpool 135m.

Maybe Liverpool paid out a lot of bonus's for the Champs League and EPL wins?
From those douchebag hipsters at The Athletic.

You horrible disrespectful cunt

Son should sign a new contract - the current one ends in 2023 so it's actually a concern if he doesn't this summer. There are rumblings he has signed it already and it's been sat on, to some confusion. If Kane goes I guess we all know why they'd delay a Sonny announcement until right afterwards.

After that (and maybe as a stipulation) there should be a gentleman's agreement that if Real Madrid etc came in with a really good offer then he could go. I say this for two reasons: 1, despite his love for Spurs Son knows he has the weight of korean soccer on his shoulders and becoming a 'Galactico' would be too good to turn down for him. 2, he turns 29 in July and is largely dependent on his pace. Smart planning would be to prepare for cashing in at a peak value within one or two years.

You horrible disrespectful cunt

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - Why aren't they selling 'meaty drink' at the new stadium?

Levy - Because its horrible.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair -It's not football without a Meaty Drink. Your ruining the club. All you care about is money.

Levy - We need money to run the club.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair -Buy some better players!

Levy - Sure. We need money for that.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - There you go. Banging on about money again. Use your own money to buy players.

Levy - I'm part owner. It is my own money.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - Why aren't we using jumpers for goalposts?

People need to chill no way do both go next season Harry goes to City or PSG. Sonny stays on a mega deal the Harry cash us used for the rebuild under a proper coach and a D.O.F (not bitchen Hitchen). Worse things have happened at sea and on land.
Son Isak Daka

People need to chill no way do both go next season Harry goes to City or PSG. Sonny stays on a mega deal the Harry cash us used for the rebuild under a proper coach and a D.O.F (not bitchen Hitchen). Worse things have happened at sea and on land.
Son Isak Daka
I just can't see Harry going to PSG because of his drive to outdo Shearer in the goalscorer charts. Not to be too offensive about the french league, but I also don't see him valuing winning Ligue 1 with PSG anywhere near winning the Premier League.

This is a double shame for us as:

A) PSG have demonstrated being willing to stump up crazy fees whereas Man City walk away from deals they deem too expensive.
B) getting Kane the fuck away from England is less galling to us as Spurs fans.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - Why aren't they selling 'meaty drink' at the new stadium?

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair -It's not football without a Meaty Drink. Your ruining the club. All you care about is money.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - There you go. Banging on about money again. Use your own money to buy players.

How does any of this make sense. Nasty disrespect to a player that's given us his all. Fuck off cunt.

Your post doesn't even make sense in the context. You just learned how to tag someone in and thought it made you look clever. Prick.

You’re all wrong.

It was Kane who assisted a good chunk of Son’s goals.

Back
Top Bottom