Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They kicked up a bit of a fuss when he got his ban for an easily replaceable player... Glad you're sure

Of course they did, doesn't mean that he is one of the most important players on the team.

I didn't say they didn't want him. He clearly is their first choice RB, but that doesn't make him one of the most important players.

Of course they did, doesn't mean that he is one of the most important players on the team.

I didn't say they didn't want him. He clearly is their first choice RB, but that doesn't make him one of the most important players.
He's key to the way they play when on form and not easily replaceable.

You're underestimating his worth.

I don't think he would improve our results we have deeper issues but he is very important to that team.

Can anyone explain WHY we have VAR officials ?
We have a referee and a screen on the side of the pitch where he can check his decisions.
How the fuck did we get this stupid system of having 2 referees ?
One on the pitch, one in the box to tell the ref about a decision. If they can't decide they ask the ref to check. The issue today was simply that var agreed with the onfield decisions. I don't blame the linesman but the cunts in the box did all sorts with our goal, lines the lot and it was clearly level but it's given offside. On the Leeds goal they did not seem to check it in the same detail so I'm not convinced. It's like they knew they would find it was off and make the linesman look like a nob. The amount of refs isn't the issue. It's that they all work for the fa. Should be independent

What we know now and I think we all knew already is that it's not just a change of manager that will put us right.

Some of the players that go onto that pitch in the name of THFC are not the right stature or calibre of player. It is completely beyond question.

And whether it is Mason or whoever comes in, there needs to be no more opportunities for players who have shown themselves as not being good enough..

More proof of inept decision making.

We definitely need some better defenders. I have a couple in mind. Just watched a guy playing for Atletico Madrid against Barcelona. He had a really good game and helped keep the Madrid side top of the league. His name is Kieran Trippier. I'm now about to watch a player who has already won loads with Man City and may well help them clinch the title against Chelsea tonight and the Champion's League later this month. His name is Kyle Walker.

Hey, wait a minute .... 🤔
Still not cool to think Trippier a good player, still the stench of scapegoat on him.

Fair play to him, straight back in after his ban too. Would swap him back in a heartbeat personally.

Made a good profit though of course.

Sure Foyth's a better right back anyway etc. 😂

Missed the game - it was the wifes birthday, her family came over and I cooked a lovely fideuá on the BBQ - like a seafood paella but with pasta noodles instead of rice. We did a few bottles of wine and laughed and had one helluva good time.

Did I miss much? Here's the fideuá by the way...

p3hrE5u.jpg

Missed the game - it was the wifes birthday, her family came over and I cooked a lovely fideuá on the BBQ - like a seafood paella but with pasta noodles instead of rice. We did a few bottles of wine and laughed and had one helluva good time.

p3hrE5u.jpg
No and you can watch the CL Final rehearsal instead, currently 1-0 City Aguero having missed a penalty trying to be cocky.

A bunch of players who’ve won fuck all, achieved fuck all, crumble when it matters, walking and pouncing around like they are big time players.

If you are paying £60 for the Villa game you are just as bad. Spend the time with family or something, not on this shit.
Anyone going should protest in the stadium. Let that prick levy and them gutless cowardly players know how fans are feeling

p3hrE5u.jpg
Bit mean wiv da meat, mate.

You sure? Form dropped with his ban and his partnership with Llorente has been key in their good runs
In fairness trippier was found out in premier league level. His positioning and tackling was awful and after an excellent start his crossing got worse and worse. Spain would suit as its not as intense and he would have time to recover his postioning.

In fairness trippier was found out in premier league level. His positioning and tackling was awful and after an excellent start his crossing got worse and worse. Spain would suit as its not as intense and he would have time to recover his postioning.
If we had Trippier this season JM would still be manager and we would be trophied up.

I wasn't arguing he helps us just bad form not appreciating for AM.

Was injured majority of his last season.

Back
Top Bottom