Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The team didn’t work hard enough. That’s why we lost.

Can any of our players except maybe Lloris really say that they gave everything they could? I don’t think so. We were weak in the duels, passed sideways and backwards when there were opportunities to go forward, never got properly compact when we were defending. We didn’t play like a real team, I never got the feeling these players believed top 4 was on the line. They turned up and gave a 6/10 effort and deservedly lost.

Mourinho couldn’t fix our problems but I don’t think his judgment of our squad was wrong. Some of these guys just aren’t tough enough.

When he came on the camera zoomed onto his face, he kind of hobbled on with what can only be described as an anguished, pained expression on his face.

His body language is something I'd expect from the big fat lad who has good feet who you get in every single Sunday league team.

For the money we paid for this guy who can honestly say he is panning out?

Brief moments of genius are no good to us if the rest of the time he is an absolute passenger.
Too many people defending him on here. I've already said he's got no interest and hasn't had it for months. Just get rid. He's not good enough.

Ok?

We finished top 4 twice in the previous 5 years. So like I said we were top 4 before Poch and Kane came here.
Top 4 make the top 4 every year so in that aspect we became much better after poch and kane came through imo. We had only played 1 champions league campaign in the whole reign of enic before poch and kane rocked up. Then we played 4 on the bounce and became a regular top 4 finisher and fans and pundits of other clubs expected us to get top 4 before the season even started.

Top 4 make the top 4 every year so in that aspect we became much better after poch and kane came through imo. We had only played 1 champions league campaign in the whole reign of enic before poch and kane rocked up. Then we played 4 on the bounce and became a regular top 4 finisher and fans and pundits of other clubs expected us to get top 4 before the season even started.

Outside of maybe City, nobody makes top 4 every year.

Before Kane and Poch we finished 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th. So no it wasn't Kane and Poch "rocking up", it was them building on the steps that were already taking place.

Yes the Poch era was the best we have seen in a long time, but it wasn't like it was a fluke one off in the middle of a midtable run. I know many want to spout the doom and gloom that we are going to the relegation zone if Kane moves on but it is ridiculous to claim that we were only top 4 because of Poch and Kane.

And trying to spin it as only one year of CL because of a silly rule that screwed us out of CL when we were top 4 is stupid. We finished top 4 twice before they came here.

Can I recommend that you actually find out what a strawman argument is, before you accuse me of using it as a debating tactic. That isn't what I did, because I stuck to his point, and made a comparison based on it. I didn't accuse him of saying something he didn't, and then attack a POV he didn't use.
Claiming we shouldn't bother to hire an experienced manager because the last experienced manager didn't pan out is exactly what a strawman is.

It's a weak argument, if you honestly think Ryan Mason is the answer you are as clueless as you sound.

Claiming we shouldn't bother to hire an experienced manager because the last experienced manager didn't pan out is exactly what a strawman is.

It's a weak argument, if you honestly think Ryan Mason is the answer you are as clueless as you sound.
But only WE could turn the most successful moderm manager (trophy-wise) to shit says it all.... I hated Jose, He was toxic, but it didn't stop him winning a trophy at every club he's been at, EXCEPT Ours!

We'd have turned Alex Ferguson or Wenger to mush had they been stupid enough to turn up at our club.

I genuinely think we could turn Brazil 1970 with Alex Ferguson as our manager into mid-table cloggers!

It's US, not them!

We should be grateful we didn’t win and it go down to the last game of the season and THEN fuck up, for once the gods smiled on us and we can now ignore these pricks for the rest of the season, exactly what they deserve

The “Big 6” what a joke, full of losers and mercenaries

Outside of maybe City, nobody makes top 4 every year.

Before Kane and Poch we finished 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th. So no it wasn't Kane and Poch "rocking up", it was them building on the steps that were already taking place.

Yes the Poch era was the best we have seen in a long time, but it wasn't like it was a fluke one off in the middle of a midtable run. I know many want to spout the doom and gloom that we are going to the relegation zone if Kane moves on but it is ridiculous to claim that we were only top 4 because of Poch and Kane.

And trying to spin it as only one year of CL because of a silly rule that screwed us out of CL when we were top 4 is stupid. We finished top 4 twice before they came here.
Those top 4 finishes were the first in how many years? At the time top 4 was the regular top 4 now it has changed a bit due to us basically. No poch and no kane no way we turn into top 4 regulars imo.

Those top 4 finishes were the first in how many years? At the time top 4 was the regular top 4 now it has changed a bit due to us basically. No poch and no kane no way we turn into top 4 regulars imo.

Yes they were the first top 4 finishes in a long time, I never argued that they weren't. I am not sure why you are even bringing that up.

We have already seen that without Kane and Poch we can get top 4 so I am not sure why we should think that can't happen again.

Hes got a free hit till end of season mason but was a bit naive today. Going toe to toe with a bielsa side is risky. Think mason would be good as part of coaching set up next season to learn his trade. Personally I would have put bale in alli position when he got substituted to try it out for 10 mins. Ndombele should have come on a bit earlier. Levy really needs to pick right man for next season otherwise i can see anarchy at stadium.

Yes they were the first top 4 finishes in a long time, I never argued that they weren't. I am not sure why you are even bringing that up.

We have already seen that without Kane and Poch we can get top 4 so I am not sure why we should think that can't happen again.
Because the players around kane that make the team are absolutely terrible. Take kane out of the team this season and we are basically a bottom 6 side possibly fighting relegation.

Because the players around kane that make the team are absolutely terrible. Take kane out of the team this season and we are basically a bottom 6 side possibly fighting relegation.

I would say it is very doubtful that we would be close to relegation. More hyperbole for no reason other than to fan the flames of a nonsense argument.

Also, why are we just taking Kane out of the team? It has no relevance and isn;t happening so why do people always go to these ridiculous hypotheticals? If Kane leaves we are getting a ton of money to reinvest in the team.

Again we finished top 4 before Kane, we can easily finish top 4 without him no matter how many ridiculous hypotheticals you come up with or how much you want to ignore the top 4 seasons prior to Kane.

Back
Top Bottom