In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To summarise:

1. Nagelsmann ✅ First choice, but would potentially choose Bayern
2. Brendan Rodgers ✅ But has contract with Leicester
3. Ten Hag ✅ But concerns over Eredevise to PL transition
4. Allegri ✅ But concerns over grasp of English, and he is in high demand.
5. Potter ✅ Hierarchy believe he could cope with the step-up

Sarri ❌
Marcelino ❌
Howe ❌
Southgate ❌

Nagelsmann, Ten Hag and Potter excite me with how they play and what they could do with the squad.

I would accept Rogers, not sure about Allegri, he is a great tactican but adaption would be my concern and style of play.

If this is what the board are looking at then I think they have got it right in my view.

Tedesco's contract with Spartak ends at the end of the season. Another promising young manager that will be available. Did his badges with Nagelsmann.

He seems to want to move back to Germany tho to be closer to his family. And his style is more counter attack oriented than I think most fans would like. But nowhere near as much as Jose's.

Tedesco's contract with Spartak ends at the end of the season. Another promising young manager that will be available. Did his badges with Nagelsmann.

He seems to want to move back to Germany tho to be closer to his family. And his style is more counter attack oriented than I think most fans would like. But nowhere near as much as Jose's.
Tedesco at Schalke was just another Mourinho type of coach.

Quite a few people are excited about Potter.

Im not convinced. Brighton are 16th in the table which is decent, but not necessarily better or worse than expectations.

It’s a bit of a false one though. If they had 2, maybe even one player who could finish they would be at least top half if not near or above us. They out play almost everyone and create tons of chances with a well coached system and good style of play, like Poch at Saints but with much worse players.

The potential with Potter is good and his performance in Sweden taking a nobody team into Europe was outstanding. He will manage a big club whether it be us or someone else.

Quite a few people are excited about Potter.

Im not convinced. Brighton are 16th in the table which is decent, but not necessarily better or worse than expectations.
To me, it’s obvious his style of play would be much more effective with higher quality players. We have that and can acquire that.

The more pragmatic managers often struggle with a higher up job because of the reverse.

Plus based on the underlying numbers, Brighton have been terribly unlucky and have poor finishers. If we were smarter than just looking at pure basic results then to me it’s obvious he’s a good choice.

I keep making the comparison that Klopp got relegated, failed to get back up and still was given the Dortmund job.

Time for us to choose a next gen coach, a millennial, and to get ahead of the curve.

It’s a bit of a false one though. If they had 2, maybe even one player who could finish they would be at least top half if not near or above us. They out play almost everyone and create tons of chances with a well coached system and good style of play, like Poch at Saints but with much worse players.

The potential with Potter is good and his performance in Sweden taking a nobody team into Europe was outstanding. He will manage a big club whether it be us or someone else.
TeamSpirit™ TeamSpirit™

It’s true that Brighton have played better than the league table position suggests, but I’d still prefer it if he proved himself at a mid-team club first (ie took Villa to top 7) before stepping up to Spurs.

To be fair hes not talking about the fans. Just called levy and lewis the fucking clowns. I dont disagree with him.
They are clowns for multiple reasons. But calling them clowns for including a clause where they could sack Jose for less depending on results which the video implies is a bit silly.

Plenty of other reasons to gift Lewis a set of clown shoes.

They are clowns for multiple reasons. But calling them clowns for including a clause where they could sack Jose for less depending on results which the video implies is a bit silly.

Plenty of other reasons to gift Lewis a set of clown shoes.
So he can wear them on his multi million pound yacht while sunning himself in the Bahamas
Some clown 🤡

TeamSpirit™ TeamSpirit™

It’s true that Brighton have played better than the league table position suggests, but I’d still prefer it if he proved himself at a mid-team club first (ie took Villa to top 7) before stepping up to Spurs.
Why? For your own comfort?

If we wait too long, and he takes a Villa job. Then he becomes ridiculously expensive to buy out. It’s the same warped logic that says “I’d rather wait for a Grealish, Maddison etc to prove themselves in the prem” before buying them, guess what, they are too pricey now!

Martin Jol came from being a ErieDivisie mid-table coach

Redknapp was floating around mid table with Pompey (won an FA Cup granted).

Poch was in the bottom end of La Liga, and did well with Southampton for 18 months.

All the managers we hired that “achieved” something big, I.e Ramos, AVB, Mourinho, were underwhelming at best and disasters at worst.

We have to look at the suitability of coaches beyond basic results. There’s tonnes of external factors that go into what they are achieving.

Back
Top Bottom