European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Could you imagine if we where in the CL semi final and Levy pulled this ESL crap out the bag and got us kicked out the tournament because that is what City and Chelsea fans are going to have to deal with right now.

Didn't even read the thread, just what I saw online.
Ehy are you for this, I cannot understand it.

As i have said in thread earlier;

If you were still in elite level orPL football up to this point I just assumed that you had already parked your moral compass.

Shafting the rest of the pyramid with the PL. ECL going to four teams. Shirt prices. 3rd kits. 4th Kits. Charging kids to be mascots. Fixture changing for TV. Sky, BT, Amazon, the 39th game. Parachute payments. Quatar. Spotswashing, levereged takeovers, FFP, Β£200k per week, the cheese room.......

Yet people choose this, people choose now to be outraged. I just dont get it. why now? why not the above? Doesnt bother me. I'm glad were in it.

If they banned ESL players from international tournaments they'd kill the tournaments stone dead and alternatives would be set up. That's not a threat that's going to be effective. It's not going to convince any players they need to change club. Common sense will prevail in that regard, and in almost every regard.

Could you imagine if we where in the CL semi final and Levy pulled this ESL crap out the bag and got us kicked out the tournament because that is what City and Chelsea fans are going to have to deal with right now.
I have no sympathy for them. They wouldn't be in that tournament if it wasn't for their owners.

They have zero right to complain about the actions of the same owners that have bankrolled their clubs to the tune of billions. If anything they are culpable because i have never seen any serious opposition to Abramovich or the Emirati ownership at those clubs. They enjoyed the success the money brought. This is the consequence of it.

I have no sympathy for them. They wouldn't be in that tournament if it wasn't for their owners.

They have zero right to complain about the actions of the same owners that have bankrolled their clubs to the tune of billions. If anything they are culpable because i have never seen any serious opposition to Abramovich or the Emirati ownership at those clubs. They enjoyed the success the money brought. This is the consequence of it.

Issue is we are now in the same boat long term and we have Levy who didn’t exactly bankroll us to success

As i have said in thread earlier;

If you were still in elite level orPL football up to this point I just assumed that you had already parked your moral compass.

Shafting the rest of the pyramid with the PL. ECL going to four teams. Shirt prices. 3rd kits. 4th Kits. Charging kids to be mascots. Fixture changing for TV. Sky, BT, Amazon, the 39th game. Parachute payments. Quatar. Spotswashing, levereged takeovers, FFP, Β£200k per week, the cheese room.......

Yet people choose this, people choose now to be outraged. I just dont get it. why now? why not the above? Doesnt bother me. I'm glad were in it.
Was there this kind of reaction when the PL left the EFL in 92?

I actually said he would terminate his contract. But anyway it is a hypothetical in a hypothetical so no point in talking too much about it.
On what grounds can he do that?
He could retire from football, otherwise he is under contract to Spurs unless both parties agree to terminate surely?

Issue is we are now in the same boat long term and we have Levy who didn’t exactly bankroll us to success
The question for me is does Levy and ENIC now start to fund the team on a level competitive with the others. Because previously they haven't done.

Now we have all this money, where will it go? It will be pretty sad if we go into this league and become whipping boys because ENIC still try to make bricks out of straw.

I actually said he would terminate his contract. But anyway it is a hypothetical in a hypothetical so no point in talking too much about it.
Out of interest, what has given you the impression that Harry Kane is some selfless martyr of the greater ideals of football? You seem so sure that he's just gonna set millions of pounds on fire to play for Queen and country...why? Because he's a nice polite bloke with a sharp haircut?

Back
Top Bottom