Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder who he's referring to...

This is a major allegation which confirms we have traitors in the dressings room!

'On behalf of my team, in spite of maybe some of them who don't share my feelings and my emotions, I can only apologise to the Tottenham supporters and I hope that the players feel the same as I feel.'

"I feel sorry that my team, I belong to that team, is the team that didn't bring to the game not just the basics of football, but the basics of life, which is to respect our jobs and to give everything.

:pochcry:

This is a major allegation which confirms we have traitors in the dressings room!

'On behalf of my team, in spite of maybe some of them who don't share my feelings and my emotions, I can only apologise to the Tottenham supporters and I hope that the players feel the same as I feel.'

That struck me as well.
Very damning comment on the whole situation.

The same cunt who wanted a move to Chelsea. Modric never appreciated Tottenham and all that the club did for his development

Modric always speaks fondly of Tottenham, I have nothing but respect for him and his career. He is a professional player, not a professional Tottenham fan.

Compare his attitude when he didn’t get the (absurd) move to Chelsea to the way Winks and Sissoko rocked up last night. Modric gave his maximum every game he was selected because he was a big professional and cared about the team. The two who played last night were walking around waiting for someone else to do the work for them.

Deflection tactics. It’s that simple.
The chips are down and he knows it.

I don't disagreed - but it sounds like some players have downed tools though - that is telling
Oh 100%

I feel We’ve been playing like garbage the whole of his reign almost.
Only now are we stopping getting lucky.

I think the players have a right to feel a little bit low on morale, so would I if I was asked to play anti football week in week out

The buck stops with the manager. Whatever's going on in the dressing room is his responsibility to sort out. If players aren't performing, they're either not motivated to or they don't want to. An odd player attitude is common in a team and the manager stamps down on them, drops them, or puts an arm around them. When an entire team doesn't bother to turn up to a NLD or a major European game, they've given up.

Jose's position is now untenable, there's no other way out of this now. And yes, we still have a lot of deadwood to clear, but that job should be given to a manager who is capable of rebuilding.

The buck stops with the manager. Whatever's going on in the dressing room is his responsibility to sort out. If players aren't performing, they're either not motivated to or they don't want to. An odd player attitude is common in a team and the manager stamps down on them, drops them, or puts an arm around them. When an entire team doesn't bother to turn up to a NLD or a major European game, they've given up.

Jose's position is now untenable, there's no other way out of this now. And yes, we still have a lot of deadwood to clear, but that job should be given to a manager who is capable of rebuilding.

Oh 100%

I feel We’ve been playing like garbage the whole of his reign almost.
Only now are we stopping getting lucky.

I think the players have a right to feel a little bit low on morale, so would I if I was asked to play anti football week in week out

Fair enough.
Just wondering how you perceive Hugo's comments ?

Seems to be much deeper than just the manager.

Waking up this morning and gradually realising that last night really happened

giphy.gif

Oh boy!

I see the bus that Jose has repeatedly insisted on parking, is now the bus he's throwing the team under!!

You reap what you sew....
Yes we have been a defensive shambles, but this is also a team made up of players who USED to score for fun....
The common denominator has changed.

So desperately upset with it all, I'm still not sure what that team I support was trying to achieve last night... other than to get rid of Jose.... but even than HAVE some pride, play for yourself... fuck it, make your own tactics up on the pitch as you go along, and at least TRY to score.... if the manager ain't pleased about the 'rebellion' fuck it.
.. it'll be less angry than many of us are right now!!

Everyone was at fault last night, Jose, the players, Levy... the fucking tea Lady... EVERYONE!

Fair enough.
Just wondering how you perceive Hugo's comments ?

Seems to be much deeper than just the manager.
Reflecting this morning on Hugo's words, what saddens me the most is the obvious loss of team spirit.

The players are absolutely to blame as well. But a team needs a leader. It needs someone to create that unity, spirit and to encourage it. We had that under Poch and previous managers. Jose doesn't seem to have the capability to build that (arguably, his first tenure at Chelsea he had it).

Overall, I'm just very sad. Not with the loss (well, yes). But the fact that our team looks broken.

Back
Top Bottom