Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utd beat Southampton in the League Cup final and the likes of Celta Vigo and Ajax to win the Europa League.

Mourinho just has that luck.
Last kick of the semi final v Celta, John Guidetti took an air shot at an empty net from 6 yards to gift Man Ure passage into the final. Had he scored Man Ure were out.

Jose's greatest strength, being lucky.

Yes that's how distance works.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN
My point was more that the first thing I saw some supporters and pundits saying is that it’s a harder matchup because it’s a longer flight. It’s 2 hours and one time zone in first class. They aren’t taking a bus.

Bookies odds

Man Utd - 10/3
Tottenham - 7/2
Woolwich - 6/1
AC Milan - 8/1
Ajax - 9/1
Roma - 10/1
Villareal - 11/1
Rangers - 16/1
Granada - 20/1
Shaktar - 28/1
Olympiakos - 33/1
Dynamo Kiev - 40/1
Dinamo Zagreb - 50/1
Slavia Prague - 66/1
Young Boys - 75/1
Molde - 150/1

Makes Man Utd slight favourites at 3.33/1, we're at 3.5/1.

My point was more that the first thing I saw some supporters and pundits saying is that it’s a harder matchup because it’s a longer flight. It’s 2 hours and one time zone in first class. They aren’t taking a bus.

The Ice Hockey travel schedule is brutal to be fair.

Is everyone hyping up the same Milan here? They’re shit! Scraped into the EL beating Rio ave on pens won on away goals vs red star Belgrade this is not early 00s Milan

I've looked through the remaining 15 teams and here's what I'd say

Really really just avoid - Manchester United and Woolwich
Try to avoid and would require the first XI - Roma , AC Milan , Ajax and Villarreal
Dark horses so try and avoid - Rangers , Slavia Prague and Shakhtar
Please get these teams - Molde , Granada , Olympiakos (can be tough though) , Young Boys , Dinama Zagreb , Dynamo Kiyv

I think if we got any of the green teams we could rotate heavily. The orange teams rotate some and the red or purple ones not rotate at all.
And we got a green team which means I'm happy with the tie.
Now Dinamo are no pushovers

- 3 goals conceded all EL Campaign (Spurs have conceded 6)
Its a team I expect us to beat though and we can also rotate a large part of the squad.

Very good draw for us
One of the favourites will go out Man U/AC milan

Roma/Shakhtar
Olympiacos/Woolwich
Slavia/Rangers

Some good teams will go out ahead of the next round and we can also hope for perhaps a few upsets.

Good stuff, I think......part of me is happy to avoid certain names, but for all I know Zagreb might be better than all of them.

I’ll ask Totti and Igula, they’ve probably been following them intensely since 2007

Yeo - remember it well.

The shot that derailed Guidetti's career. He was doing decently for Celta up until that point. After that they stopped playing him and his goalscoring (which was already just okay) dried up and now he is stuck on the bench (if even making the bench) at Alaves.

From one of Sweden's most promising talents to seemingly a lost one since he doesn't seem to want to leave Spain for a slightly smaller league to re-find form.

Its a team I expect us to beat though and we can also rotate a large part of the squad.
You've got far too much time on your hands mate.

Is everyone hyping up the same Milan here? They’re shit! Scraped into the EL beating Rio ave on pens won on away goals vs red star Belgrade this is not early 00s Milan
Hopefully Zlatan turns it on.

Why the fuck would we rotate? This competition is huge for us. It’s our top priority now.

Back
Top Bottom