Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the game unspoiled. Nothing to say about it really, so many things need changing and it's hard to see the necessary changes being made with an ongoing pandemic.

Cancelo, Foden, Sterling, Gundogan, Stones and Silva all top class.

Just watched the game unspoiled. Nothing to say about it really, so many things need changing and it's hard to see the necessary changes being made with an ongoing pandemic.

Cancelo, Foden, Sterling, Gundogan, Stones and Silva all top class.
Foden really is top class. Good news for England I guess.

Again bollocks at least defend properly if your plan is to defend. We hardly got close to them in contrast to when we have the ball their players swarmed all around us. That’s why why we hardly got I. To their pen box. Yet they got into ours on a regular basis. That’s what pisses me off. They can con control possesion and push forward yet they can defend as well. How does that work? I’ll tell you how they are coached to press and run more than the oppo and be more incentive and think quicker. We just stroll around thinking we get bodies back we will be ok. However we mark no one font follow runners and basically stand off. It was too easy!
When you say it was 'too easy', what is your point of reference, what are you comparing it to? As I keep saying, they have beaten a lot of teams this season, some by relatively fine margins, some by much wider margins. Don't get me wrong, of course I'd like us to try harder, press more intelligently, defend cohesively without making stupid fucking individual errors etc, but there is no great shame in losing 3-0 to this Man City side, and there is no sense in 'going for them' and then losing 7-0 instead. Yes, if you plan to defend then do it properly, I don't disagree with that at all, I never said otherwise. It's more the idea that we should have 'gone at them' etc in the 2nd half - that would have been nothing short of suicide. Against every other team in the league, yes, but against City, no, you'll just get battered! I repeat, how many times have City thrown away a 3-goal lead? Or even a 2-goal lead? And personally against this City side in the mood it's in right now, I'd rather lose 3-0 than 7-1.

Foden really is top class. Good news for England I guess.

I thought Foden actually had a fairly quiet game, at least for his standards of late. Not a bad game but he did not have the effect on the game like I thought he would.

Tanganga was a real plus tonight.I would consider giving Bale and Dele half a dozen games.They are / were supreme talents.Can they do worse than Moura,Lamela,Ndombele?

No, but I accept that against Man City, if you have too much of a go, you'll end up conceding 6 or 7. If we were 3-0 down after 70 mins against any other side, I'd still want us to try and get back into it, but with Man City, you're better off accepting 3-0 than playing the hero and losing 7-0. Do you know how many goals they've conceded recently? So what were the chances of us scoring at least 3 in the last 20 mins?

Don't get me wrong, some of our performances recently have been appallingly pathetic - but this one doesn't really count, it's a bit like criticising Marine for their performance against us. I know we somehow beat City a couple of months ago, but we were very lucky that day, they battered us to be honest, and they have clearly gone up several gears since then.

Any team who is 3-0 down to Man City after 70 mins might as well just try to hold out and not let it get any worse, as they aren't going to get anything. When was the last time City were 3 goals ahead with 20 mins to go and failed to win? Or even 2-0 after 50 mins and failed to win?

Next few games we all need to see a massively positive effort - energy, creativity and positive attacking football, otherwise Jose will most likely be fired. But today is largely irrelevant to that.

You compare the gulf between us and city the same as us against marine? We will not concede 6-7 if we have a go as It doesn't mean we are wide open but also we don't be playing like we do and sit back waiting for the inevitable. Of course against better teams like this it might be no shame to lose but as you say, we've seen worse performances against worse teams. The team look so bad right now we have a lot of work to do but i just don't think Jose is the one for us.

Reflect on the comparison of the gulf between us and city. Then consider how the club’s objective is to do everything possible to get as close as possible to City, as they (and Liverpool) are the bench mark.

How is it they, those who run the club, have managed to get to a position where we genuinely seem worse than Brighton on a good day.

I mean, say what you want about our team performance, can't really say Doherty put in a wrong foot all match today...
Got to feel sorry for Doherty. Tangana is not exactly a proven Full Back and yet he started ahead of Doherty. Have to ask, why did we buy Doherty ( a player I actually rate highly ) if he won’t play him.

No, but I accept that against Man City, if you have too much of a go, you'll end up conceding 6 or 7. If we were 3-0 down after 70 mins against any other side, I'd still want us to try and get back into it, but with Man City, you're better off accepting 3-0 than playing the hero and losing 7-0. Do you know how many goals they've conceded recently? So what were the chances of us scoring at least 3 in the last 20 mins?

Don't get me wrong, some of our performances recently have been appallingly pathetic - but this one doesn't really count, it's a bit like criticising Marine for their performance against us. I know we somehow beat City a couple of months ago, but we were very lucky that day, they battered us to be honest, and they have clearly gone up several gears since then.

Any team who is 3-0 down to Man City after 70 mins might as well just try to hold out and not let it get any worse, as they aren't going to get anything. When was the last time City were 3 goals ahead with 20 mins to go and failed to win? Or even 2-0 after 50 mins and failed to win?

Next few games we all need to see a massively positive effort - energy, creativity and positive attacking football, otherwise Jose will most likely be fired. But today is largely irrelevant to that.
How comes they concede so few goals and yet are a much more attacking team than we are. We setup defensively but actually can’t defend!

Back
Top Bottom