Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stadium is lovely and all (and will make them a fucking fortune long term), but we need more money on the pitch.

Others have continued to spend while we stalled and penny pinched and this is the result, a tired, injury-hit squad, running out of steam and ideas with a lot of the same problems that were clearly there when Poch was on the way out.

Can't be fixed without taking some losses and substantial outlay in the modern game.
The Stadium is fantastic. But who would pick that over WHL, given our form at home has become a concern and we are 1 billion pounds in debt ?

That kind of attitude is exactly that's wrong in the team. So you accept that we just gave up second half because it's man city. Bale's mazy run was about the best we gave second half. I don't care who it is. No fight or desire and no clue from Jose. To.be fair his options are shit too.
No, but I accept that against Man City, if you have too much of a go, you'll end up conceding 6 or 7. If we were 3-0 down after 70 mins against any other side, I'd still want us to try and get back into it, but with Man City, you're better off accepting 3-0 than playing the hero and losing 7-0. Do you know how many goals they've conceded recently? So what were the chances of us scoring at least 3 in the last 20 mins?

Don't get me wrong, some of our performances recently have been appallingly pathetic - but this one doesn't really count, it's a bit like criticising Marine for their performance against us. I know we somehow beat City a couple of months ago, but we were very lucky that day, they battered us to be honest, and they have clearly gone up several gears since then.

Any team who is 3-0 down to Man City after 70 mins might as well just try to hold out and not let it get any worse, as they aren't going to get anything. When was the last time City were 3 goals ahead with 20 mins to go and failed to win? Or even 2-0 after 50 mins and failed to win?

Next few games we all need to see a massively positive effort - energy, creativity and positive attacking football, otherwise Jose will most likely be fired. But today is largely irrelevant to that.

It's hard to understand that despite how terrible we have been of late, Spurs are only 4 points off 4th place. Win just a few games on the bounce and we are right back in the top 4 conversation, so strange.

You realise we are Spurs right?

And we're not paying top dollar for anyone whilst not in the CL.
And we never paid top dollar for anyone when we were in the CL, our recent history is littered with the failure to back the manager / team when the opportunity to achieve something has presented itself. There's no forward thinking, there's never been an on-field plan.

And we never paid top dollar for anyone when we were in the CL, our recent history is littered with the failure to back the manager / team when the opportunity to achieve something has presented itself. There's no forward thinking, there's never been an on-field plan.

Erm, that's the point.

We never paid anyone top dollar but atleast we had CL to offer them.

If we haven't even got that, we may aswell not even show up with an offer.

Any team you show an example of when it comes to not having CL football but signing great players are teams who have ridiculous resources to do so. Man Utd mostly.

Not defending him but should that not be the mentality anyway. Yes we should be playing progressive football but the fucking mentality should be no matter what we cant lose. Emptying the tank, bodies on the line, go one down lift the workrate etc. I blame jose but also the players. Heads go down game over after a little set back. So fucking soft
Yeah of course it should be..but without the ball the game is always harder. your supposed to enjoy football watching it or playing it .

We play with fear. It's why we've dropped the most points after scoring 1st and why we never look like getting back in after conceding.

Hes just too pragmatic.

What is our Identity?

Well, yes and no. I'd argue that Pep has actually underperformed in recent years given the squad he has. Should have won more, and should have won the league for the last few years by a mile.

Anyway, given that this thread is about tonight's game, I fear you are missing my point - tonight, Man City did to Spurs what they have done to most teams, including Klopp's Liverpool last weekend. Surely we never expected to compete with Man City this season - I'm delighted that we have 3 points against them from the home game. We shouldn't judge Spurs / Jose on tonight, we should judge on recent games (generally atrocious, with recent glimmers of hope) and future games.
At least put up a fight though surely?

Back
Top Bottom