Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As soon as I see Sanchez and dier starting together any optimism I had instantly drained away from me. We do nothing really well anymore. We attack shit we defend shit our movement off the ball is poor our passing is poor our basic control under pressure is poor. Were relying on two players basically 1 is streaky and one is being crowded out every game. But when your tactics are basically give it to kane and son it doesn't take long for top level sides to figure you out and adapt. This side has nowhere near the ability of the peak poch years.

jerry maguire money GIF
You must have missed my last sentence my frind! "Will it happen, most certainly not"

And we are the 7-8th wealthiest club in Europe aren´t we?

And Harry Kane is the worst penalty kick taker in history because he skied one against Woolwich. Geniuses use a sample size of one.
Well it happened on the right here and now to highlight how that argument falls over ... now if like Harry our Dav had numerous successes at defending the high line like Harry’s previous spot kicks your reductive argument would hold weight

unfortunately it doesn’t

Really? Do you think that's possible when everyone else is shit and offers nothing?
Yes
You see, because when Kane has the ball, he can still do something good with it even if Ben Davies is shit

You do get that right?
You see how Tanganga had a good game, despite everyone else being shit?

What is this notion that good players shouldn’t play better than shit ones?

Of course! Stated a couple of weeks ago that we should sack Jose. Hell, he should never been appointed in the first place. It was pretty obvious he´s washed up. Once again a really bad signing by Levy. And we need an DoF ASAP

Does feel like AVB all over again. I remember when we sacked Redknapp and when I heard we got AVB my heart sank because of the crap he made Chelsea play. Gave him a chance but he was useless, it’s a repeat all over again.

Top four gone, I hope we don't get Europe full stop. Sack Jose ffs and let the new guy rebuild. Get rid of the shit and
11 months without an away win and a points to game record like this but over 25 games

His best football was in 2016, he just couldn’t keep it going
OK what's your thoughts and ideas to solve this. Seem to defend a lot of our poor players and Jose by arguing with everyone on here. Whats your solution to this shit show?

Yeah been saying we missed some great picks they didn’t for a couple of seasons now

pereira a big miss
Now this fofana

us being top for a split second was a consideration in our past transfer activity ?

not for me ... for you maybe

If you were saying it then, good shout mate.

I have long since championed a better scouting presence. It's glaringly obvious our recruitment of late has fallen short but these things also go in cycles.

If I am being honest I think we lack experienced players who provide the model for improvement that players need.

Dier, Lloris, and Alderweireld should really be stalwarts and they aren't.

I think it's a mixture of how good we were and thus who do you go for and then too many players dipping off that height together and too quickly.

We have so little on-field presence so who do new players look to or fear?

If you were saying then that good shout mate.

I have long since championed a better scouting presence. It's glaringly obvious our recruitment of late has fallen short but these things also go in cycles.

If I am being honest I think we lack experienced players who provide the model for improvement that players need.

Dier, Lloris, and Alderweireld should really be stalwarts and they aren't.

I think it's a mixture of how good we were and thus who do you go for and then too many players dipping off that height together and too quickly.

We have so little on-field presence so who do new players look to or fear?
Actually that a decent spot

none of our ‘veterans’ seemed to have made up in leadership and experience what they have lost from more youthful years

OK what's your thoughts and ideas to solve this. Seem to defend a lot of our poor players and Jose by arguing with everyone on here. Whats your solution to this shit show?
My instant solution is drop everyone who didn’t perform today but started
So next game Tanganga, Lamela, Dier, should start and fill the rest of the team with the squad.
Call back Skipp and Clarke and Sess and use the rest of the season to prepare and experiment for next season.

And yes I’m deadly serious. Deadly.

Drop the fucking lot of them.

Last edited:
My instant solution is drop everyone who didn’t perform today but started
So next game Tanganga, Lamela, Dier, should start and fill the rest of the team with the squad.
Calm back Skipp and Clarke and use the rest of the season to prepare and experiment for next season.

And yes I’m deadly serious. Deadly.

Drop the fucking lot of them.
How about trying to coach them into a proper team?

Edit: Also, ominous use of "deadly".

Yes
You see, because when Kane has the ball, he can still do something good with it even if Ben Davies is shit

You do get that right?
You see how Tanganga had a good game, despite everyone else being shit?

What is this notion that good players shouldn’t play better than shit ones?
Please. Enough of the a ggression and arguing. Please. For the sake of all us spurs fans on here living in a shit covid affected world , whose sole release is the 90 minutes we watch our team play and who are feeling real down because we are not performing well, please, for the love of whichever deity you may or may not believe in, stop arguing every point anyone makes that happens to disagree with you. You've won, Sammi, you've won. Congratulations for beating us all with your dedication to the cause and your belief in certain, inalienable truths. I admire you I honestly do, but please think about all of us who come here and may or may not agree with you but are affected by incessant arguments over the minutiae of a game/sub/tactic etc.

Let it lie. Just for a day or a week.

Please.

We’ve been masters at failure for a long time now, managers and players come and go, but Levy and ENIC have always been there. NEVER EVER lose sight of this fact! This is no fucking coincidence, this is hard cold reality and if anyone thinks it’ll change under them you’re deluded.

Back
Top Bottom