Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You haven't proved anything though. You judge ineptness performance by performance. The other night you said the performance v Wycombe was not inept, you said the team was right and the tactics were right.
I think it is better to make a net assessment, you can't make it match by match, and right now I don't think it is a fair judgement. Sometimes Mourinho will make mistakes, I am sure he would say that himself. I don't always understand what he is trying to do, but that is probably on me rather than him given his level of football knowledge.
I think calling somebody with Mourinho's CV inept is hard to justify but obviously you are fully entitled to your opinion.
We have a disagreement, but you almost seem to have been psychologically damaged by something on a message board. I haven't slagged you at all, but you seem desperate to provoke it.
Psychologically damaged ha ha ha says the dude who persists with arguing after I've clarified and provided the evidence he needed.
I said he was inept in some matches which loses us points so I can't look at it net as that's not my point.

I wanted to be wrong about Mourinho. I am not one of those people desperate to be right I readily held my hands up over under estimating Hoijberge. I WAS RIGHT ABOUT JOSE. He is past it lads. We need someone with an identity that matches the clubs an tries to win games as opposed to not lose. Cut lose the old guard they will never be at the old level again and the mistakes we made in recruitment need to be faced. Dier, Lamela, Rose, Alderweireld, Winks, Hart, Sanchez , Doherty, Bale . Nothing any of these players offer can not be matched by young players. Cirkin, Tanganga, need games. Son, Kane, Aurier, N'dombele , Locelso, Dele,Hoijberge, Rodon, Reguilon Lucas. Vinicius. That has to be the core. But there are players that smart recruitment could source to improve us. Mc Neil Pope at Burnley, Sarr at Watford. Lamptey Bissouma at Brighton. Mc Ginn Villa, Sabitzer, Milenkovic overseas. But the coach has to be progressive. Rodgers, Hassenhuttle Naggelsmann.
+1 for Naggelsmann.

Bullshit you idiot. Did we have NDombele, Vinicius, Reguilon, Bale, Hjojberg, GLC etc 5 years ago? We have an excellent squad and plenty of creative talent. We have grit and goals. But our manager is way out of his depth.
Our manager who has won more trophies than almost any manager in the world is out of his depth?

Please...

Maybe we should make you manager so we can win everything....

Psychologically damaged ha ha ha says the dude who persists with arguing after I've clarified and provided the evidence he needed.
I said he was inept in some matches which loses us points so I can't look at it net as that's not my point.
Bored with this now, you are just attention seeking.

How some of you lightweights can call yourselves Spurs supporters mystifies me.
You spoiled, self indulgent, bratty, whiny god awful people.
You are not owed a perfect football team, you get what you've been given, support them and hope for the best,
Or knob off and support another team with a bigger budget.
Try Barcelona....with their 1 Billion euro debt.

If he'd done his job between january 2018 and July 2019 instead of forgetting about our football team we wouldn't now be looking up at West Ham in the fucking league table.
Possibly true... but dealing with the present... Levy has backed Mou and we have talent. Up front alone, Kane, Son, Bergy, Dele, Bale, NDombele, GLC, Lucas etc is enough for any top side in any league. We look miserable with all of that. It has to be the manager’s fault. We’re awful right now.

Vinicius should have been on for Kane or what is the bloody point of having the so-called back up forward. Switch to back four and another midfielder - I'd have opted for Sissoko personally as needed some muscle in there - not a game for Winks tonight. How Doherty stayed on I don't know.

But it was a shitshow all round and we were well second best tonight.
Well we did go to a back four, it briefly looked better.

I agree with preferring Sissoko over Winks as it goes. And Doherty.

I suppose the Lamela over Vini choice is that we very rarely line up as a 442 out of choice. A fit, in-form Dele would have been perfect

I wanted to be wrong about Mourinho. I am not one of those people desperate to be right I readily held my hands up over under estimating Hoijberge. I WAS RIGHT ABOUT JOSE. He is past it lads. We need someone with an identity that matches the clubs an tries to win games as opposed to not lose. Cut lose the old guard they will never be at the old level again and the mistakes we made in recruitment need to be faced. Dier, Lamela, Rose, Alderweireld, Winks, Hart, Sanchez , Doherty, Bale . Nothing any of these players offer can not be matched by young players. Cirkin, Tanganga, need games. Son, Kane, Aurier, N'dombele , Locelso, Dele,Hoijberge, Rodon, Reguilon Lucas. Vinicius. That has to be the core. But there are players that smart recruitment could source to improve us. Mc Neil Pope at Burnley, Sarr at Watford. Lamptey Bissouma at Brighton. Mc Ginn Villa, Sabitzer, Milenkovic overseas. But the coach has to be progressive. Rodgers, Hassenhuttle Naggelsmann.
Rodgers...like Brendan fucking Rodgers?!

Just to warn you... if you’re troubled by words like idiot and muppet... then the real world is going to hit you pretty hard when you get let out into it.

Our problems are not the players or the investment in the First XI.

The manager is an outdated clown and a failure after well over a year in charge. No excitement, no promise, no passion and no progression.
So you think its ok to abuse someone on a football thread because you dont agree with them.
Big tough keyboard warrior like yourself.
Id say its the only place youd do it.

I see the rhetoric has changed....

It was all “give him a year”, and “He’ll be judged by his results”.

Now he’s had a year and the results are shit they’d have you believe he’s managing a borderline Championship side and can’t get more out of this side.

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the game......
His results are shit? Are you mad? Who do you think we are? Are you plastic?

We are trying to build our club to compete with the best. It's difficult when you have oil barrons and clubs who are bigger than us tossing money around year after year.

We are performing about where EVERYONE pre season would have expected. We are in the league cup final and still in all comps.

Relax. We aren't city. We aren't chelsea. We aren't united. But we are trying to get there!

Please support this amazing club

Our manager who has won more trophies than almost any manager in the world is out of his depth?

Please...

Maybe we should make you manager so we can win everything....
What the fuck have you been watching for the past year or so? I don’t give a fuck about what Mou did with previous teams. He’s crap for us. Open your eyes and stop romanticising about a bloke who’s way behind the talent curve in 2021. 33 points and behind Spam at the half way stage. Are you happy?

How some of you lightweights can call yourselves Spurs supporters mystifies me.
You spoiled, self indulgent, bratty, whiny god awful people.
You are not owed a perfect football team, you get what you've been given, support them and hope for the best,
Or knob off and support another team with a bigger budget.
Try Barcelona....with their 1 Billion euro debt.
Yeah imagine hoping your club wins a fucking football match, how bratty and spoiled the fans must be :mourweird:

Back
Top Bottom