Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Go for the jugular and weak points. Run at them. Scare them to shits. Then up the game. No mercy.
Go for the jugular and weak points. Run at them. Scare them to shits. Then up the game. No mercy.
I wanna kill
I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill
Kill
I wanna, I wanna see
I wanna see blood and gore and guts, and veins in my teeth
Eat dead, burnt bodies
I mean kill
Kill, kill, kill!"
And I started jumpin' up and down yelling, "Kill, kill!"
And he started jumpin' up and down with me
And we was both jumpin' up and down
Yelling, "Kill, kill!"

Daaaamn, Lampard got sacked too early. That's the last wake up call for Klopp after flopping in Fa Cup, EFL Cup and Premier League so far. The CL will also be critical for them. Not being able to deliver any trophy this season especially with this squad will hurt them a lot. Losing to us on Thursday after seeing Frank being sacked would not end well for Klopp in Anfield. What a season... This match is going to be tough - but still winnable! Looking forward to it! Huge match

COYS

Last edited:
Daaaamn, Lampard got sacked too early. That's the last wake up call for Klopp after flopping in Fa Cup, EFL Cup and Premier League so far. The CL will also be critical for them. Not being able to deliver any trophy this season especially with this squad will hurt them a lot. Losing to us on Thursday after seeing Frank being sacked would not end well for Klopp in Anfield. What a season... This match is going to be tough - but still winnable! Looking forward to it! Huge match

COYS
Bullshit he aint under no fucking pressure are you kidding Frank had a whole squad to choose from and i think he still wasnt given a fair shot, Klopp won them the league last year plus his squad has been decimated by injuries. He just needs to get top 4 and he is good.

All signs point to another dipper win against us

I'm already mentally prepared, won't hurt this time

source.gif

Play them after they’ve won the last 8 games in a row:
“We’ve got no chance”

Play them when they haven’t won for 8 games and scored about 3 goals
“We’ve got no chance”
I just consistently say I have no confidence playing Liverpool. Just one of those teams at the moment that seems to always get a lucky break against us. I say the same for West Ham and the opposite for City. The form doesn't really matter when those games happen, recently the results are one way.

For Liverpool, I know these are all 50/50 type calls or breaks that happen to everyone but they seem to always go against us when we play them.

1. CL final handball. Changed the whole game and I still don't think it was the correct call.
2. Mo Salah's deflected goal this year and Kane/Bergwijn having one of their worst games in terms of finishing. Lucky night all around for LFC when we played earlier in the year.
3. 1-0 defeat last year, we faced them without Lloris, Kane, Ndombele, Dier or Sissoko. Had Danny Rose starting and Aurier in midfield in a 4-4-2. Son had a bad miss and Lo Celso was inches away from sliding in the goal to make it 1-1.
4. 2-1 loss when Rose scuffed his clearance and Henderson scored.
5. 2-1 loss when Toby had the 90th-minute own goal

That's 5 unlucky incidents that changed the game all going against us since the last time we had a lucky call go our way against them when Lamela was fouled by VvD and we drew 2-2.

I just consistently say I have no confidence playing Liverpool. Just one of those teams at the moment that seems to always get a lucky break against us. I say the same for West Ham and the opposite for City. The form doesn't really matter when those games happen, recently the results are one way.

For Liverpool, I know these are all 50/50 type calls or breaks that happen to everyone but they seem to always go against us when we play them.

1. CL final handball. Changed the whole game and I still don't think it was the correct call.
2. Mo Salah's deflected goal this year and Kane/Bergwijn having one of their worst games in terms of finishing. Lucky night all around for LFC when we played earlier in the year.
3. 1-0 defeat last year, we faced them without Lloris, Kane, Ndombele, Dier or Sissoko. Had Danny Rose starting and Aurier in midfield in a 4-4-2. Son had a bad miss and Lo Celso was inches away from sliding in the goal to make it 1-1.
4. 2-1 loss when Rose scuffed his clearance and Henderson scored.
5. 2-1 loss when Toby had the 90th-minute own goal

That's 5 unlucky incidents that changed the game all going against us since the last time we had a lucky call go our way against them when Lamela was fouled by VvD and we drew 2-2.
teams make their own luck....

Play them after they’ve won the last 8 games in a row:
“We’ve got no chance”

Play them when they haven’t won for 8 games and scored about 3 goals
“We’ve got no chance”

Majority of games we played against them in the last 3 years we deserved at least a draw if not victory

1. Harry Kane missing a pen to make it 2-1
2. Sissoko fucking up a 2v1
3. Son missing an open goal to make it 2-0
4. LoCelso missing a great chance
5. Bergwijn last month

I can remember only one game in the last 5 years we really deserved to lose against them, September 2018 at Wembley

teams make their own luck....
I guess their defenders MADE Kane and Bergwijn miss good chances? Maybe it was their great attacking prowess that forced Lloris and Toby into going braindead for a minute causing the own goal? :)

I agree teams make their own luck most of the time but that's not always the case.

Good news is that most of our starting X1 has had about 11 days completely off - although
- Hojbjerg played 45 minutes tonight
- Kane played about 30 minutes tonight
- Son and Ndombele both played about 20 minutes tonight

With luck those 4 will just treat it as an opportunity for a warm up after that length of unscheduled 'winter break'

We should have beaten them at Anfield, put our chances away and we can beat them this time.

Kane was so wasteful that day it's almost impossible he will let them off again.
If I'm thinking of the same match, I completely agree. It would be very rare for Kane to be so profligate twice in a row. I'm looking forward to the game. Would put some on Kane scoring if I were a betting man.

Back
Top Bottom