THFC Accounts - 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

`half empty stadium` Bollocks. Having lived an worked pretty much all over the country I can honestly say we have more fans outside London than Woolwich. If the stadium ever gets built is the issue. And if it does, were building it in the wrong place. Just North of the M25 would have been Ideal. Right in our heartland of support, transport links etc etc. Just my honest opinion like. But we`ll fill it, for sure.

Harlow Hotspur it is then.

:avbfacepalm:

we're building it in Tottenham, how can that be the wrong place?
Aye. But if we have to stay in `tottenham`, just because of the name, it doesn`t give us much scope does it. Especially since probably 95% of our home crowd dont actually live in `Tottenham`. We are SPURS. Tottenham just happens to be the area in which the club was born and grew up. I`m not advocating we move to bloody Cornwall, just to a more practical site within our modern heartland. Anyway, from my experience, most of the peasants in and around WHL dont give a fuck about the club. I`ve even heard that one or two support Woolwich and I personally know of one family who support Man Utd. Probably in the minority like, but I think we should to whats best for SPURS, not tottenham. :levywhoa:

Aye. But if we have to stay in `tottenham`, just because of the name, it doesn`t give us much scope does it. Especially since probably 95% of our home crowd dont actually live in `Tottenham`. We are SPURS. Tottenham just happens to be the area in which the club was born and grew up. I`m not advocating we move to bloody Cornwall, just to a more practical site within our modern heartland. Anyway, from my experience, most of the peasants in and around WHL dont give a fuck about the club. I`ve even heard that one or two support Woolwich and I personally know of one family who support Man Utd. Probably in the minority like, but I think we should to whats best for SPURS, not tottenham. :levywhoa:
with that logic, they should move Old Trafford to Surrey. :avbshit:

with that logic, they should move Old Trafford to Surrey. :avbshit:
Not really, that would be like moving WHL to cornwall. But by your logic, Man Utd could legitimately build a new stadium within a 20 mile radius of there ground, so long as its in `manchester`. We, on the other hand, only have around a 2 mile radius, because we are ¬tottenham¬ Hotspur. The words noses and faces spring to mind. :freund:

Not really, that would be like moving WHL to cornwall. But by your logic, Man Utd could legitimately build a new stadium within a 20 mile radius of there ground, so long as its in `manchester`. We, on the other hand, only have around a 2 mile radius, because we are ¬tottenham¬ Hotspur. The words noses and faces spring to mind. :freund:
so I take it you were pro-Stratford then?

Possibly for Cat C games you might be right but not anything above. I agree with you about pricing/offers/results but what I'm saying is I highly doubt we'll sell tickets for that low a price, unless of course we're desperate and we're practically giving them away at which point we'll end up looking like West Ham which will be a sad day

Fair comments - the point I keep making is that we will use various pricing and packaging structures - the actual amounts are pointless discussing in detail because it's a long time if ever that this stadium gets built.

I stand by everything I've said on this issue.

eat-popcorn-3D.gif

I was one of those who backed ENIC's decision to go to Stratford, and I don't back them a lot of the time. There they were right, it would have been a real boost for our club IMHO. Though I fully respect those who wanted to stay in Tottenham.

But as has been correctly said, most of our support doesn't live in Tottenham or indeed in Haringey.

There's an 'invasion' from the Home Counties and beyond every matchday. For many people it would have been easier to get to Stratford. But more important than that, we'd actually be seeing a stadium starting to rise up now, not a supermarket, again IMHO.

It would have cut journey time for me on a train by about 40 minutes moving to Stratford. Didn't mean I was interested in the move.

Could see the potential (and they were only potential, not guaranteed) benefits of doing it, but it just wouldn't feel right. We aren't a franchise, we are a football club from N17.

Woolwich were a football from South London, they've been the most successful club in London over the past 100 years. Chelsea, IIRC, were a bit of a manufactured club, who play in Fulham, they're now the second most successful club in London. Mainly on account of being a franchise of a Russian businessman.

City are an outpost of Dubai, who moved to a former athletics stadium and now are totting up more trophies than us in recent years.

As I've already said, I think the new stadium is too far away to make reasonable estimates. However, let's say things are like they are now when the stadium is built, then I would suggest we could sell out Cat C games at £10 per ticket - £5 concessions. So I would have to disagree with the idea we'd never sell out such games

West ham will be practically giving tickets away at Stratford, and have been doing so for years at Upton Park.

If your aim is high capacity, you reduce prices. not only that you can do things like link all Woolwich tickets that aren't ST to buying a Cat C game etc - there are many ways to grab the punter.

ENIC tend to be smart operators when it comes to matters such as this, and I can guarantee they will have 20/30/40 schemes to get maximum revenue, and if that includes dropping prices, selling 6 game packages, 2 game packages, tourist trips, whatever, they'll be on it.

If that is the case, why aren't they doing it now (FC Basel)

...and you want to follow in their footsteps. Chelsea stand for everything that is wrong with football nowadays.

Not even gonna bother anymore with this arguement.

I would love for us to follow in chelsea's footsteps, in fact I wanted RA to take us over rather than them

RA is a 10 times better chairman/owner than ENIC and then some

Fair enough if you don't wish to continue the argument, and I respect the opposite point of view on this and related matters

I would love for us to follow in chelsea's footsteps, in fact I wanted RA to take us over rather than them

RA is a 10 times better chairman/owner than ENIC and then some

Fair enough if you don't wish to continue the argument, and I respect the opposite point of view on this and related matters

Give Levy and RA the same amount of money, i'm taking Levy everyday. The only appeal to me about RA is the money. I don't want Tottenham to become what Chelsea has become.

Back
Top Bottom