Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ on a bike...if Bas Dost is all we end up with from the final few weeks of this transfer window then I wouldn't blame Jose one bit for walking.
We are truly taken for mugs. That's what the most expensive season ticket buys you these days eh?

We need to stop worrying about crappy ITK from twitter kids. This year there will significant deals to be done on deadline day. Most clubs have significant losses from corona. For example, Palace for many seasons have said Zaha is not for sale at any price; and now Hodson is on TV begging clubs to make an offer.

My 2c.......we make deadline day moves for Adama Traore, Danny Ings & Jack Grealish. If Jack comes in, we can wave goodbye to Dele. I've no doubt that wherever Dele goes, he will be magnificent, but right now he is still too immature and treating the club like a slacker at college. He's too comfortable and not putting in the effort required. A move to a new environment may force him to grow up.

Bale? He solves the backup striker dilemma and, can play in a front 3 when Kane is on the pitch. Doesn't solve our playmaker issue.

LLorente v2

Bas Dost has some classy fucking finishes in his time and produced rather well when at Wolfsburg. Again, I don't want him, but I think people are being a bit harsh on the man. I remember the excitement around Vincent so it's kind of funny to see the tables turn now that Bas Dost is being mentioned. One had one good season in the Netherlands and the other has done it repeatedly.

But shouldn’t we look for a player similar to Kane or at least able to play WITH him? This guy is a tree that will be the box while we pump rugby kicks

I can honestly see why the name pops up. How many crosses did Serge throw in the box last year? We do play the long ball a lot and Bas Dost does pull it down at a pretty high rate. I kind of look at it like a way to hold onto the 1-0 lead that Jose wants so dearly. Remember this is the guy that said in the documentary that draws are good. So if he can just play in the shell and lob it up to this Fellani character, I see why it is being mentioned.

Of course, I don't want him. I want Patson Daka out of all mentioned, but that ain't happening.

Christ on a bike...if Bas Dost is all we end up with from the final few weeks of this transfer window then I wouldn't blame Jose one bit for walking.
We are truly taken for mugs. That's what the most expensive season ticket buys you these days eh?
Pretty great scenario...Mourinho is gone and we don't owe him any money. Seems best for all involved.

We need to stop worrying about crappy ITK from twitter kids. This year there will significant deals to be done on deadline day. Most clubs have significant losses from corona. For example, Palace for many seasons have said Zaha is not for sale at any price; and now Hodson is on TV begging clubs to make an offer.

My 2c.......we make deadline day moves for Adama Traore, Danny Ings & Jack Grealish. If Jack comes in, we can wave goodbye to Dele. I've no doubt that wherever Dele goes, he will be magnificent, but right now he is still too immature and treating the club like a slacker at college. He's too comfortable and not putting in the effort required. A move to a new environment may force him to grow up.

Bale? He solves the backup striker dilemma and, can play in a front 3 when Kane is on the pitch. Doesn't solve our playmaker issue.
It’s nice to dream isn’t it? I’ll give you the “we’ll make a bid part”, similar to how we’ve shown “interest” in players, but there is 0 chance that we’ll land with all 3 of them.
More than happy to eat crow

It’s easily the best league in Portugal
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom