Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sitting Eriksen, with a few months left on his contract and shit performance after shit performance and saying "If we get offered less than 20 million euro it's not worth our time so we'll say no"

20 mil is more than no mil Daniel.
And Eriksen was so bad I'd have taken a pound just to make sure he didn't step foot on the pitch.

Sure but he must have known Eriksen will go straight back to his agent saying "they will do it for €20m" the agent would have then gone back to Milan and said it's €20m or nothing.

Leão would be interesting.

According to Transfermarkt he is a center forward. But almost every game I saw of him in Milan had him playing out on the flank.

Granted since January there's a certain Zlatan shaped figure operating out of the central attacking spot there.

We didn't, it was about 16m wasn't it?

The comment was what concerned me. People are saying (rightly) that we are struggling to sell players we don't want.
I have no doubt that in the summer of 2019, Eriksen who has made it clear he was done, could have been sold but I also have no doubt that Levy wanted an obscene amount of money and that's why no one bought him.
It's been alluded to that Levy thought Eriksen was in Hazzards bracket. And as others have rightly pointed out, the diference was Hazzard dragged Chelsea kicking and screaming to a final and helped them win it. Eriksen was a passenger for a year that probably hindered us more than helped us moping about.
Yeah, my bad a little over £16m.

Problem is if Levy had sold him in the summer of 2019, people would be kiccking with all the usual "he only cares about profits", "we sell all out best players" etc.

Levy did everything (rightly or wrongly) to keep him and then people say "we should of sold him last summer".
It's a lose/lose situation.

According to Transfermarkt he is a center forward. But almost every game I saw of him in Milan had him playing out on the flank.

Granted since January there's a certain Zlatan shaped figure operating out of the central attacking spot there.
He gets compared to Mbappe or CR7 in style. He just seems very raw and not a conventional CF that the team could play off if Kane was injured. A talent, though, no doubt.

The only player I’ve ever wanted is Patson Daka.
My search history has crashed ( Admin Admin ) so you can’t check that I mentioned him in 2008.

Please Levy. Buy this man for 104M plus bonuses and add ons and free lunches

That does kinda make sense.

Don't drop serious coin on a player to warm the bench, the reality is a decent player wont come if that's the plan anyway, but someone who can slot into the first team and change position to striker or deputise when called on is a good policy.

It's a way to improve the first team, give us options and not waste money on a has been. Some people advocate a young prospect as back-up... Don't we already have that in Parrott? Whilst we want to lad to get chances we probably don't want him leading the line against Liverpool this season.

Yeah, my bad a little over £16m.

Problem is if Levy had sold him in the summer of 2019, people would be kiccking with all the usual "he only cares about profits", "we sell all out best players" etc.

Levy did everything (rightly or wrongly) to keep him and then people say "we should of sold him last summer".
It's a lose/lose situation.

Football fans are thick and I suspect Levy, through all his faults, knows this and rightfully doesn't care much.

Are we actually meant to believe stuff that comes from Spurs Community?

I'm actually disappointed their click bait money scam is being posted here. I know there's basically no rules, but I would like to see it either banned or confined.

no, can me make a SC thread for all that shit and the bitching about their moderators?

It already exists but it isn't easy to find. Just like all the ITK they get wrong than vanishes into the ether.

Back
Top Bottom