Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else find it strange that it has been very quiet on moving players out?
Levy is great when selling a player another team is desperate to buy.. Walker, Bale, Modric are examples of this. He'll drain the last penny out of the buying club.

But when it comes to selling players the club no longer wants it's not his strong point. We've got away with it in the past some players, but then we have the likes of Soldado where we end up losing a lot of money because Levy starts well to high and by the end of the window we accept pretty much anything.

To be fair to Levy, in regards to Aurier, I think it's a fair price being asked. Aurier has won Ligue One, is a full international, Champions League experienced and always played a top level. On top of that he's 27 and coming into his peak. £22-23m is a fair price.

It's all about creating an illusion IMO.
Levy tells Poch he'll back him and comes up with a player he knows he can't get.
Goes "all the way" knowing he was pissing into the wind from day one. "Sorry Poch, we tried but it's not our fault, even United couldn't sign him"

I suspect Poch is smart enough to have seen right through it all and that's when the final nail went into the coffin.

Ndombele 55m
GLC 45m
Sessengon 30m
Clarke 10m

Of course....

We are being told that Covid has hit most European clubs hard but they are still screwing PL teams for huge money. This year may be the year this policy works.

he's been training for this all his life! Could be shrewd if played correctly. No doubt broadcast and other reveneues will be down for the next 18months. Some team will be adopting a buy now pay later policy hoping they can pay things off. Generally this only works if teams win something or qualify for CL

Levy is great when selling a player another team is desperate to buy.. Walker, Bale, Modric are examples of this. He'll drain the last penny out of the buying club.

But when it comes to selling players the club no longer wants it's not his strong point. We've got away with it in the past some players, but then we have the likes of Soldado where we end up losing a lot of money because Levy starts well to high and by the end of the window we accept pretty much anything.

To be fair to Levy, in regards to Aurier, I think it's a fair price being asked. Aurier has won Ligue One, is a full international, Champions League experienced and always played a top level. On top of that he's 27 and coming into his peak. £22-23m is a fair price.

Sitting Eriksen, with a few months left on his contract and shit performance after shit performance and saying "If we get offered less than 20 million euro it's not worth our time so we'll say no"

20 mil is more than no mil Daniel.
And Eriksen was so bad I'd have taken a pound just to make sure he didn't step foot on the pitch.

As much as I’d love for us to go out and get Bale and think it would send a big message. I understand is thinking that it’s not a responsible financial move. But not getting Watkins is pure negligence, the only reason that I can think of that would justify not spending 25m on Watkins is getting Bale in. Now it will end up being between Diallo and Deeney on deadline day (or close to it).

If there's one thing that's certain Levy wont make an irresponsible financial move.

Would love to see Roma move for Lamela in light of this Zaniolo injury, if there's any of our players I don't want to suffer through watching this year it's him.

Sitting Eriksen, with a few months left on his contract and shit performance after shit performance and saying "If we get offered less than 20 million euro it's not worth our time so we'll say no"

And Eriksen was so bad I'd have taken a pound just to make sure he didn't step foot on the pitch.
Not sure of your point here.
After all he did get the £20m, so a good deal for us.

Having watched him for the last few years, would you pay 22m for Aurier?

I’d snap your hand off for 15m.

We got the 20m euro....

Glad we have Levy rather than you in charge then, eh. :)

Football London pushing Daka, Diallo and now Milik

I like Milik a lot, not at all sure a 150k a week striker would want to sit behind Harry but who knows. He had a trial at Spurs back in 2010 and the story goes we offered him and his mum a place in London. But he stayed in Poland until he turned 18. Maybe he still remembers that ....

His career didn't really take off as expected (bit like Kane) but now at Napoli and with Poland he seems to be breaking through ....

He is very good as a second striker playing alongside another forward, not only can he score goals he also has an eye for a lay off ... yes please DL

Not sure of your point here.
After all he did get the £20m, so a good deal for us.
We didn't, it was about 16m wasn't it?

The comment was what concerned me. People are saying (rightly) that we are struggling to sell players we don't want.
I have no doubt that in the summer of 2019, Eriksen who has made it clear he was done, could have been sold but I also have no doubt that Levy wanted an obscene amount of money and that's why no one bought him.
It's been alluded to that Levy thought Eriksen was in Hazzards bracket. And as others have rightly pointed out, the diference was Hazzard dragged Chelsea kicking and screaming to a final and helped them win it. Eriksen was a passenger for a year that probably hindered us more than helped us moping about.

Back
Top Bottom